Disney ousts CEO, returns Iger for a two-year stint to find replacement (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure he's saying he doesn't want Disney to force feed their agendas through their child-based movies.
I get where he is coming from, and yes Disney has pushed a line with inclusion and acceptance to kinda pushing an agenda.

But, like everything it’s a pendulum. A line was being pushed for a while, soon it will start to swing back and the horror of young girls reading will be the main cause for concern again.

I do have to say, let’s take the live remake of the little mermaid for an example. So much drama over casting a black actress to play Ariel. Ok, if casting a different race to play a half fish half human is that big of a deal, then either those people need something more to do as obviously there aren’t enough real problems in their life, or well ya know it’s a race thing. Me personally I’m in horror of them replacing my favorite Disney character ever -Ursela (who was modeled after a drag queen) my Melissa McCarthy (euw). Kinda like ruining Robin Williams genie with Will Smith. Had nothing to do with race, everything to do with you can’t beat the original.

But I digress. To a kid, is the race of the actress portraying Ariel that big of detail or even noticeable? To someone of a different race, maybe they can see themselves, but tot he average kid I doubt.

I’ve told this story before- NO public schools bussed us in to watch that at the old Municipal Auditorium
Well if schools are bussing anyone in to watch Disney movies, they obviously are not advertising it as that’s a clear violation of use that Disney is more than happy to enforce. So unless Disney getting paid for that, no school district would do that as public showings of Disney is a strict no no.

Well if schools are bussing anyone in to watch Disney movies, they obviously are not advertising it as that’s a clear violation of use that Disney is more than happy to enforce. So unless Disney getting paid for that, no school district would do that as public showings of Disney is a strict no no.
The ‘70s cared naught for your petty concerns

I'm pretty sure he's saying he doesn't want Disney to force feed their agendas through their child-based movies.
I dont think Disney has an "agenda" other than making "ship"-loads of money.

They have just been "reading the room" to figure out what is radioactive to that end and what is gold.

The people, consumers that is, ultimately tell them which is which.

I dont think Iger is coming back flip tge bird, roll the whole thing back to the 1950's, and burn it to the ground.

I get where he is coming from, and yes Disney has pushed a line with inclusion and acceptance to kinda pushing an agenda.

But, like everything it’s a pendulum. A line was being pushed for a while, soon it will start to swing back and the horror of young girls reading will be the main cause for concern again.

I do have to say, let’s take the live remake of the little mermaid for an example. So much drama over casting a black actress to play Ariel. Ok, if casting a different race to play a half fish half human is that big of a deal, then either those people need something more to do as obviously there aren’t enough real problems in their life, or well ya know it’s a race thing. Me personally I’m in horror of them replacing my favorite Disney character ever -Ursela (who was modeled after a drag queen) my Melissa McCarthy (euw). Kinda like ruining Robin Williams genie with Will Smith. Had nothing to do with race, everything to do with you can’t beat the original.

But I digress. To a kid, is the race of the actress portraying Ariel that big of detail or even noticeable? To someone of a different race, maybe they can see themselves, but tot he average kid I doubt.

Yet no outrage over the original illustrations showing blonde and brunette, not redhead.

I read somewhere that Ariel (which is a name given by Disney as well) was the first red-headed princess, and that it was big at the time. I imagine the decision of going with the bright red hair had more to do with the color palette of the movie.

One thing that some people need to accept, Disney is not making content for 1950's USA anymore; they are now a global corporation.

They have just been "reading the room" to figure out what is radioactive to that end and what is gold.

I dont think Iger is coming back flip tge bird, roll the whole thing back to the 1950's, and burn it to the ground.
Oh man, they got to you too
Obviously ‘inclusion’ is a cynical ploy to include more people
Wake up

IDK about all the personality issues but post Covid the stock price was never as high. Today it's down close to its pre-covid level of 90 something but I think last year it was close to 190. Sounds like the investors are the drivers for change...

I don’t think that this is true at all. They have been suffering financially through this and has been holding the course in spite of that (up until now…as a business is still a business and at some point you have to make money).

Maybe my online friends are different, but the complaints about the Little Mermaid remake was because Live Action movies suck.

When did the live action version of The Little Mermaid premiere?
Outside of the Jungle Book, what has Disney done to make anyone think another live action remake won't be made of suck?

Outside of the Jungle Book, what has Disney done to make anyone think another live action remake won't be made of suck?

That really wasn't the point of the reply, but...

1st of all, "made of suck" depends on the eye of the beholder, so there is that.

Now, are you specifically talking about live action remakes of Disney classics? Or any live action Disney has produced? For example, to name one, do you think Black Panther sucked? Or how about The Mandalorian? Or do the 10 secs of Bobba Fett in all of the Stars Wars movies technically disqualify it? Maleficent?

That really wasn't the point of the reply, but...

1st of all, "made of suck" depends on the eye of the beholder, so there is that.

Now, are you specifically talking about live action remakes of Disney classics? Or any live action Disney has produced? For example, to name one, do you think Black Panther sucked? Or how about The Mandalorian? Or do the 10 secs of Bobba Fett in all of the Stars Wars movies technically disqualify it? Maleficent?

Live action remakes, specifically. Though the Star Wars sequels were franchise killers they were so bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom