Disney taking over Hulu (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
After the Fox purchase they owned like 2/3 of Hulu, now they will have operational control starting immediately. I'm guessing they will use it to help with their own streaming service? Anyone else have better theories or thoughts on this?

Not shocking, figured it would happen when they bought Fox. I think we had a discussion on it.

The hope was that instead of a separate Disney+, they would just have it as a part of Hulu, or integrate it as an add on. Glad to hear NBC will remain on Hulu. It's one of the reasons I even have Hulu is for certain shows that are on NBC now.

I think this makes it even less likely for CBS to ever get back on Hulu. And I wonder if they'll ever get Viacom companies (like Comedy Central) back on. Same shows may still be on there (I think South Park), but I know the Daily show isn't anymore.

So I guess one of the next Disney takes over articles will be about the world, probably within 20 years. Or will Disney have to fight Walmart for global domination?

So I guess one of the next Disney takes over articles will be about the world, probably within 20 years. Or will Disney have to fight Walmart for global domination?

Nah, Walmart is Stannis Baratheon at best. Amazon is the Night King, but Exxon is the real big bad.

The whispers from the entertainment division is that this pretty much cements that Disney is going to move their adult content, the canceled Marvel former Netflix stuff, over to Hulu. Daredevil, Luke Cage. As a fan, hope so.

I sure hope this is true. It would take the sting out of losing some of the comics based shows I've grown accustomed to watching.

I'd love to see them continue the entire Defenders lineup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom