Disney World for Adults Only the Weekend Before Halloween? (1 Viewer)

That is false. We (family) are going down there from the 20th to the 25th. We usally go this time of year. The kids love going to the Not-So-Scary Halloween events.

Just got back yesterday. We did the Not-So-Scary Halloween party Friday night. It was pretty good. The parade and the fireworks were great. :9:

The Jack Sparrow in the parade was a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. I went looking all over Adventureland for him to take a picture, alas he was only in the parade. I was like a kid being told Christmas was canceled.

All I know is there is a certain time of year that if you go to Disney and you NOT part of the "Rainbow" community your going to really feel out of place....

yeah, first week of june. it isn't an "official" disney promoted week. i'm not sure how the tradition started.

The Jack Sparrow in the parade was a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. I went looking all over Adventureland for him to take a picture, alas he was only in the parade. I was like a kid being told Christmas was canceled.

a little man crush on Johnny Depp?

Just got back yesterday. We did the Not-So-Scary Halloween party Friday night. It was pretty good. The parade and the fireworks were great. :9:

You can find him in Adventureland during the day doing his Pirate Tutorial class. That's about the only chance you'll get for some close interaction and pictures. For whatever reason, they don't do Meet and Greets. I think it may be a money reason (the actors aren't cheap).

The cool thing is my kids still don't know that we are going yet. We will surprise them next week. My oldest (6yrs old) still remembers Jack Sparrow from when we went 2 years ago. Did the Headless Horseman ride through the Magic Kingdom?

The cool thing is my kids still don't know that we are going yet. We will surprise them next week. My oldest (6yrs old) still remembers Jack Sparrow from when we went 2 years ago. Did the Headless Horseman ride through the Magic Kingdom?

He did, but we missed it by a few minutes trying to get in a few more rides before the parade.

You can find him in Adventureland during the day doing his Pirate Tutorial class. That's about the only chance you'll get for some close interaction and pictures. For whatever reason, they don't do Meet and Greets. I think it may be a money reason (the actors aren't cheap).

Didn't know that. My wife told me they had people dressed up like Jack Sparrow, but I didn't think he would be that close. When I saw him in the parade I had to get a picture. One of my top 3 favorite movie characters of all time.

Didn't know that. My wife told me they had people dressed up like Jack Sparrow, but I didn't think he would be that close. When I saw him in the parade I had to get a picture. One of my top 3 favorite movie characters of all time.
Yeah, they're pretty strict with who they pick. They have to be able to walk, talk, act, and look like Jack Sparrow in order for the Pirate Tutorial show to work. They've been doing it for 2 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom