Disney World meal plans (and all things Disney at this point) (1 Viewer)

We got "conned" into getting a "free meal plan" by our agent... which happens to be a good friend. She told us it was $100 total for the trip because we had to upgrade our room to get the plan. Ended up being almost $100 a day. With two families, it was nearly $900.

Still should save money I guess.

We got "conned" into getting a "free meal plan" by our agent... which happens to be a good friend. She told us it was $100 total for the trip because we had to upgrade our room to get the plan. Ended up being almost $100 a day. With two families, it was nearly $900.

Still should save money I guess.

What did you have to upgrade? You had to switch resorts I would assume?

What did you have to upgrade? You had to switch resorts I would assume?

At almost 100 a day I doubt he moved resorts. Probably more like an upgrade to Preferred Location or Pool View.

Also, he may have had another discount that he gave up to get free dining. You can only have one discount. For instance, if he had a 20% off room discount he'd lose that for free dining which would jack up the price.

At almost 100 a day I doubt he moved resorts. Probably more like an upgrade to Preferred Location or Pool View.

Also, he may have had another discount that he gave up to get free dining. You can only have one discount. For instance, if he had a 20% off room discount he'd lose that for free dining which would jack up the price.

That's what I was curious about. I never heard of free dining only being available for certain rooms, such as preferred. Usually it's offered at most resorts, but excluded at a few, like Port Orleans French Quarter, All Star Sports and Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms. I thought he may have had to go from a value resort to a moderate one. We go during free dining every year and find it to be a wonderful deal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eYacdfsORec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what I was curious about. I never heard of free dining only being available for certain rooms, such as preferred. Usually it's offered at most resorts, but excluded at a few, like Port Orleans French Quarter, All Star Sports and Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms. I thought he may have had to go from a value resort to a moderate one. We go during free dining every year and find it to be a wonderful deal.

I've actually had to go up to a preferred room for a discount. On our June trip I had to go up to Preferred at All Star Movies for a room discount. It was cheaper than the non preferred without the discount.

I think on our 2015 trip we had to do the same at Port Orleans for Free Dining, but I can't quite remember. I know our room was preferred and I can't imagine I paid for a preferred room for no good reason, unless my wife tricked me. :hihi:

Another tip: We try to avoid Extra Magic Hours, which is when 1 specific park opens an hour early or late on a specific day for on site resort guests only. While you can do a lot during that hour, most people plan on attending that park on that day, making for a much busier day and longer wait times. We found that we can get much more done in another park without the extra hours throughout the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom