Ditka - pot meet kettle (2 Viewers)

Saildawg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was watching NFL countdown this morning and they had Schefter talking about Saint's D and possible replacements. They asked Ditka what he thought and his response was that the 2012 D was not the responsibility of 1 person. Then he proceeded to say the bad D was because of mistakes the organization made.

I spewed my coffee thinking about the organizational mistakes he made when he was coaching the Saints by trading a whole draft for 1 player and then posing in that rediculous cover pic for Sports Illustrated.

I'm not sure he should ever be allowed to comment on the Saint's.

Ditka set back this organization 20 years.

What time is his dress fitting today?

Does what he did make what he said any less true?

Probably was more the smug way that he said it than the content. However, I still think he should have refrained from commenting based on his record.

Ditka set back this organization 20 years.

What time is his dress fitting today?

Which would make us winning a SuperBowl within that 20 year span pretty impressive. But no, in no way did he set us back 20 years.

I don't know how anyone can watch the countdown crew other than the "come on man" skits. They're terrible outside of that.

He is completely right though. If they were drafting players that fit a 3-4 (Payton's words) then hire a control system freak (Spags) who didn't put players in a place to be successful, have players who because the man was gone maybe were not putting everything into their job, finally having so many first and second round players on defense that were underperforming either means talent acquisition is poor or ongoing coaching is bad. Ditka is absolutely correct.

Right! Mike Ditka did not destroy the Saints for years by his 'brilliant' decision to trade our entire draft for a pot head in Rickey Williams.

There is no question that the Saints over the years have made some bonehead decisions, starting with our very first draft, but the current management has brought us a Super Bowl win AND playoff spots almost every year. Ditka is one person who has absolutely no standing whatsoever to comment with any credibility about our Saints.

Is Ditka going to admit that he set us back years when he coached us?

I wasn't alive to witness the 70's but I will never forget those years under Ditka. They looked like the worst team ever. That was down right depressing to watch....I still want to know WHY ON EARTH did he start Heath Shuler at QB? Not to mention Billy Joe Hobert, then when you thought that Shuler was the worst of the bunch Billy Joe Tolliver topped him with interceptions. . I could not believe Jake Delhomme turned out to be such a good QB those years in Carolina after we got rid of him. But most of all was the Ricky Williams draft....Yeah Ditka has a lot of room to talk when he totally screwed that up for ONE player.

Right! Mike Ditka did not destroy the Saints for years by his 'brilliant' decision to trade our entire draft for a pot head in Rickey Williams.

There is no question that the Saints over the years have made some bonehead decisions, starting with our very first draft, but the current management has brought us a Super Bowl win AND playoff spots almost every year. Ditka is one person who has absolutely no standing whatsoever to comment with any credibility about our Saints.

Hmmm. But the Saints won their very first playoff game with Ditka's personnel. Haslett got all the credit.

Hmmm. But the Saints won their very first playoff game with Ditka's personnel. Haslett got all the credit.

It's not always the players at fault; it's how they're used. Look at what Harbough did in SF. Their D had the majority of the pieces there when he showed up, but he played them in a diff way that makes them more prone for success.

Do you guys remember that one game when Ditka was coaching here and a player on the opposing team lost his mouth guard and Ditka stepped on it and rubbed it into the dirt?

Classic Dika.

BTW, with all this talk of DC's what is ole Zaven Yarelian doing these days. He did a pretty good job making steak out of the slop Wild Bill "Pardon my comb over" Kuherick, and Dika gave him to work with.

And what are Chad Cota and Andre Royal doing these days?

Edit: Found a Zaven link from 6 years ago http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/where-they-now-zaven-yaralian-56395/#.UQYKonDW9iA

Last edited:
Ditka...

Attachments

• DitkaSaints_display_image.jpg
    DitkaSaints_display_image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 440

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom