Ditka - pot meet kettle (1 Viewer)

He's right though. It's been virtually impossible for the Saints to scout, draft, or coach defensive "talent" in the Payton-Brees era. The 2012 World Tour of Defensive Mediocrity was a long time coming, and is at fault for everyone in the Saints organization from Mickey Loomis down to Bill Johnson down to Johnny Patrick.

Mike Ditka did not destroy the Saints for years by his 'brilliant' decision to trade our entire draft for a pot head in Rickey Williams.

I once again am compelled to set the record straight. Ditka not only traded an entire draft for one player, he amateurishly gave up a 1st and 3rd the next year too!! Unbelievable!

To move up what? Four or five spots? For that head case?

The guy is probably an expert on failure. When he speaks on the subject one would be wise to listen.

Ditka is an idiot. He may be right about the Saints defensive shortcomings, but it doesn't make him any less of an idiot.

Hmmm. But the Saints won their very first playoff game with Ditka's personnel. Haslett got all the credit.

I recall when Haslett and Mueller came in they basically wiped out the rosters and started over.
Guys like Darren Perry, Chris Oldham, Norman Hand and Darren Smith were all brought in by Mueller and all helped solidify our defense.

I once again am compelled to set the record straight. Ditka not only traded an entire draft for one player, he amateurishly gave up a 1st and 3rd the next year too!! Unbelievable!

To move up what? Four or five spots? For that head case?

If you are going to set the record straight, then please remember he didnt have an entire draft to trade as he already traded part of the draft to get the "awesome" Rams receiver whose name eludes me at the moment.

It's not always the players at fault; it's how they're used. Look at what Harbough did in SF. Their D had the majority of the pieces there when he showed up, but he played them in a diff way that makes them more prone for success.

This is true. The Niners defense was not good over night. If anyone watched them in 2009 and even 2010 when they were god awful, their defense was pretty good just not in the right spot. All those guys have been there, Willis, Whitner, Goldson, etc. They just finally got a coach that knew where to put them and use them right. Even before Singeltary when Nolan was there, that defense is nothing new. It's been years in the making.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom