• Yes, I can't help it

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • No, Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta at 0-16 is Paradise

Votes: 74 92.5%

• Total voters

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
Always hear about the team power rankings, but hardly ever about the divisional rankings. I should hate our division but I can't help but be proud of being from the biggest and baddest. Though some (a minority) of the talking heads argued as little as a week ago that the NFC East was the most powerful (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9740493), last weeks 2-1 performance (should've been 3-0 but for Jake) should have erased the remaining doubters.

Sagarin shows a commanding lead (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl06.htm). Reading the tea leaves to be sure, but it helps illustrate both that the Saints, as the NFC South leader, are still underrated while at the same time that it's anyone's division and that any trip-up can be fatal.

If things remain as they are, and as they ever have been since realignment, whomever wins the NFC South will be the team to beat come the playoffs. As far as that is concerned, taking away our other games against lesser opposition, it's a 3-way tie with Tampa ready to rain on the others 2-1 divisional record parade. New Orleans trumps Atlanta which trumps Carolina which trumps back to New Orleans. Any slight deviation in the math will have disproportionately huge results. It sure would be nice to have this all settled before Week 17 versus Carolina, but it's reassuring to know that it's in the Dome with a crowd who will be well aware of the stakes. With that in mind, going to Atlanta (and Tampa) will be huge opportunities.

Last edited:
i love seeing atlanta lose as much as possible. as for carolina and tampa i just want to win the division. if them losing helps us (which it does) then im all for it.

The only time I root for other NFC South teams is the years we suck and have no playoff hopes. I don't hate the other teams, I really like the Panthers in fact, but as long as we are in Playoff contention I want every NFC South team to lose.

I agree with some of them that the NFC East is the best division. But they are losing their strength with Dallas switching to Romo and Washington sucking. I say that in the next two weeks the NFC south will prove to be the best division

i love seeing atlanta lose as much as possible. as for carolina and tampa i just want to win the division. if them losing helps us (which it does) then im all for it.

Pretty much. I would prefer to see Atlanta sucked into a dark black hole and to never come out again. As for the rest I root for them so long as them winning doesn't affect the Saints. For example I was rooting for Tampa to beat the Eagles and was happy when they did so. If Carolina didn't take the first game from us in our series with them I might have even pulled for them this week. As it is I think we need as much distance as possible from Carolina so that the division doesn't come down to our year-end game.

But even that said, I would rather be playing Carolina for the division at the year end then Atlanta.

As long as Carolina loses I'm happy. A Falcon and Buc loss is great but if the Panthers lose, I've had a good day.

I agree with some of them that the NFC East is the best division. But they are losing their strength with Dallas switching to Romo and Washington sucking. I say that in the next two weeks the NFC south will prove to be the best division

I think that has already happened. If you polled coaches in the league about who they would rather play- I think they would answer that they'd rather play Washington and Dallas ahead of any team in the NFC Dirty South.

I would have to say i root somewhat for the nfc south cause i truly would like to see it at the end of the season when the saints are at the top of the division .. that we could ssay we won the hardest division in football cause honestly it could be possible that 3 teams go to the playoffs from this division... well guranteed that 2 go for sure

I know I am odd, but my perfect season would be

Saints 16-0
Carolina 12-4
Atlanta 12-4
Tampa 12-4

Basically Saints win them all, the others in the division win all their games except lose 2 to the Saints and split their other games with the NFC South teams.

my perfect season for 06: saints over the panthers in the nfc championship game, saints over the chargers in the superbowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom