Divorce Question (1 Viewer)

i thought about that as well.....but the thing is that we are both in 100% agreement of everything there is to agree on......so, i don't see where we might go wrong

D,
I think y'all need to give your marriage another shot. There's like $1200.00 dollars in it for you somewhere in May, plus $300.00 for the kid. Wealth, I tells ya. :hihi:

Seriously, I don't know much about divorce - I plan to be with my wife until one of us croaks. I think SandyManny's advice is pretty solid, though - do it right the first time, and avoid any hiccups down the road that may hit your wallet harder. It's good to know that you and your "ex" are amicable towards each other, especially for the little man.

I still can't believe that you are a dude, though. Weird. :hihi:

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

You will be amazed after the fact on the stuff you thought you had agreed on that you really didn't. Going with a lawyer up front should cover stuff you haven't thought of or properly word your agreement so that it accurately reflects what you really agree to in a manner that will be enforceable if need be.

well, we never bought a house, car or anything of substantial value together.....and honestly, as much as we didin't get along as a married couple, we are both at the point where we just work things out as needed....

D,
I think y'all need to give your marriage another shot. There's like $1200.00 dollars in it for you somewhere in May, plus $300.00 for the kid. Wealth, I tells ya. :hihi:

the government couldn't give me enough money to live with that woman ever again....of course, she would probably say the same thing about me:hihi:

well, we never bought a house, car or anything of substantial value together.....and honestly, as much as we didin't get along as a married couple, we are both at the point where we just work things out as needed....

You are only thinking in terms of splitting material possessions. To be honest, that was always the easiest part of the divorces that I have done. Joint debt and child support/custody was always the sticking point. Plus, the child support/custody is usually what we had to go back to the court on 9 times out of 10. The last thing you want is to have an agreement on custody/child support that is somehow wrong, and the next thing you know they are going back 10 years to see what you "should have been paying." You don't want to be paying 10 years of child support all at once.

>>Going with a lawyer up front should cover stuff you haven't thought of or properly word your agreement so that it accurately reflects what you really agree to in a manner that will be enforceable if need be.

I don't mean to be siding with the law-huas but she could even make a claim on your pension assuming you are lucky enough to have one. Do it right and you won't have problems later.

TPS

you're the one with the man crush dude.. not me.

:hihi:

Never. I've loved women before I was put on this earth. And I shall once returned back to the dust.

But I am comfortable enough with my manhood to tell you that when I look in the mirror, I am freaking hot. :9:

You are only thinking in terms of splitting material possessions. To be honest, that was always the easiest part of the divorces that I have done. Joint debt and child support/custody was always the sticking point. Plus, the child support/custody is usually what we had to go back to the court on 9 times out of 10. The last thing you want is to have an agreement on custody/child support that is somehow wrong, and the next thing you know they are going back 10 years to see what you "should have been paying." You don't want to be paying 10 years of child support all at once.

we have split costs of our son down the middle since the day i moved out.....she is not a vindictive person at all and she actually makes more money than i do anyway.....we have settled the "child support" issue

we have split costs of our son down the middle since the day i moved out.....she is not a vindictive person at all and she actually makes more money than i do anyway.....we have settled the "child support" issue

Things that annoy the crap out of you:

When the OP asks a question, several people give the right answer, and the OP refutes them on it.

IMO, the OP needs to leave the pot alone when posting.

:dunno:

When the OP asks a question, several people give the right answer, and the OP refutes them on it.

$$$$$

lucien,

i am not refuting....i am just trying to explain the situation......frankly, my seperation has been much different from most people that i know.....

i am actually going to take sandman's, and even jonesy's:covri:, advice...i just want to be sure before i drop 500 bucks on a lawyer.....

lucien,

i am not refuting....i am just trying to explain the situation......frankly, my seperation has been much different from most people that i know.....

i am actually going to take sandman's, and even jonesy's:covri:, advice...i just want to be sure before i drop 500 bucks on a lawyer.....

This could have all been avoided if you would have remained a chic. :9:

Yes, taking Jonesy's advice = :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom