Dixie Brewery to change name (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile, a franchise in America's top sport is still named The Washington Redskins. It's hard to believe that's still their name. It's not even a respect thing like how the Seminole Tribe of Florida are honored by FSU. This is just a flat out slur for a name. Their logo is literally a stereotype.

It would be like The San Francisco Orientals and the logo is Mickey Rooney in Breakfast At Tiffany's

Dixie came from American traders who came down the Mississippi to trade in New Orleans. The French paid them with French money. Mostly in tens the French word for ten is dix (dees). It got convoluted to Dixie.
It matters less where the word originated and more to what it's associated. It's time to let go, bro. Find a new hill to die on.

Meanwhile, a franchise in America's top sport is still named The Washington Redskins. It's hard to believe that's still their name. It's not even a respect thing like how the Seminole Tribe of Florida are honored by FSU. This is just a flat out slur for a name. Their logo is literally a stereotype.

It would be like The San Francisco Orientals and the logo is Mickey Rooney in Breakfast At Tiffany's
In the nation's capital and Synder has said the name will never change while he is the owner.

Dan Synder is still the scummiest owner in the NFL.

I still think he should ditch the Native American on the helmet, replace it with a block ‘W’ in the same space, and then make the franchise’s mascot a red skinned potato. Problem solved!
If he isn't going to honor a tribe. He should just change the team name to Warriors, but he is a stick in the mud. It's funny how all the other owners can't stand him.

On a side note, George Preston Marshall’s granddaughter recently said the name should be changed.

I thought I had read that Marshall was removed from the team's ring of honor

And the swastika started as a sacred symbol in many religions. Doesn’t change the fact that it symbolizes something different now.

This is such a great point. I'm going to steal from you and use it. I'm going to act like I came up with this great analogy. You will not be attributed, but I'll know. And I'll feel shame.

Of all the symbols in history the swastika caught the worst break. They could've picked anything, but they just had to go with the swastika, one of the most ancient symbols on earth. It was a positive symbol for many cultures all over the world. But now it's only associated with one thing.

Now it doesn't matter how the swastika came to be or what it symbolized for thousands of years before the Nazis chose it as their logo. Same thing with rebel flags and dixie and many things associated with the Old South. As a Louisiana native yes, it is my history and heritage. But not all history and heritage is good. Not all history and heritage should be honored and revered.

I still think he should ditch the Native American on the helmet, replace it with a block ‘W’ in the same space, and then make the franchise’s mascot a red skinned potato. Problem solved!

76ddbd585b3e5b439b53d27ebf8b898b.jpg

Dixie came from American traders who came down the Mississippi to trade in New Orleans. The French paid them with French money. Mostly in tens the French word for ten is dix (dees). It got convoluted to Dixie.

This is like arguing that the because word "Nazi" came from benign political roots as part of a collectivist movement and was never meant to be a symbol of killing six million Jews that it'd be fine to pop open a "Nazi Beer" from time to time.

It doesn't matter what the origin of the word was. It matters what it represents.

Ok, I’ll show some backbone. Anything that has any symbolism of racism should have never been given any stature, power, or presence. They don’t give anything positive to this world that is shared by many cultures. It’s long overdue and it’s time to do the right thing. Tear and burn them all down. How’s that for backbone? If someone thinks they need to change or rebrand, let them. It’s a free country right?!?!
Your making up stuff! Try again! It was purely financial transactions! Believe what you want to fantasize about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom