DJ Swearinger (FS) - South Carolina (1 Viewer)

we have a S that can lay a big hit on a guy. we NEED a S that can cover. nice highlight video though

we have a S that can lay a big hit on a guy. we NEED a S that can cover. nice highlight video though

He actually can cover. Started out as a CB at Carolina before moving to safety. He matched up with receivers in man coverage quite often this season. See below article for a good breakdown:

Punisher: S D.J. Swearinger - Evaluations - Rotoworld.com

Not sure he has ideal speed or range to play as the deep safety in single high coverages, but he has the ability to match up in man coverage and play in the box.

So you want a safety who doesn't wrap up and gets a huge amount of personal fouls for helmet to helmet hits and taunting?

Ya, Swearinger is dope! I like him too. I also like Phillip Thomas from Fresno St. I think Thomas secretly has the best ball skills of all the Safeties in this years class. Dude, theres a bunch of DBs this year. I think we could land a quality guy as late as the 5th-6th round. As great as Vaccarro is, theres guys who are equally as good in the later rounds. I still consider Vaccaro the best, but Cyprien, Thomas, Swearinger, Elam, Rambo and Reid are not far behind. The only difference is, do you take Vaccaro in the 1st, or one of those guys in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th? Its a matter of how much we value Vaccaro to the others.

al-swearengen-deadwood-10889562-700-486_288x288.jpg

vaccaro excels at tackling not sure about his ballhawking

1st round picks only if safety is int machine

Neither of our safeties can lay "big" hits. I'm talking Whitner, Goldston, Pollard type hitters....

our guys hit when the wr goes out of bounds or just lunge at bodies after being in horrible position to cover....

They are horrendous in space...

Ya, Swearinger is dope! I like him too. I also like Phillip Thomas from Fresno St. I think Thomas secretly has the best ball skills of all the Safeties in this years class. Dude, theres a bunch of DBs this year. I think we could land a quality guy as late as the 5th-6th round. As great as Vaccarro is, theres guys who are equally as good in the later rounds. I still consider Vaccaro the best, but Cyprien, Thomas, Swearinger, Elam, Rambo and Reid are not far behind. The only difference is, do you take Vaccaro in the 1st, or one of those guys in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th? Its a matter of how much we value Vaccaro to the others.

Agreed man! I like the value pick, we need a pass-rushing OLB (hopefully Mingo) in the first! I'd like to grab Brandon Williams in the 3rd and then this guy in the 4th (or one you've mentioned).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom