Do any of you Saints fans miss the NFC West? (1 Viewer)

Nope.

And as a side note I think the Cowboys and the Colts should switch divisions, or even Atlanta and Dallas, or Carolina and Dallas ... but I guess that would mess up Thanksgiving or something.

Zero chance Dallas moves out of the NFC East. Too much history with the Redskins/Giants/Eagles.

Nope.

And as a side note I think the Cowboys and the Colts should switch divisions, or even Atlanta and Dallas, or Carolina and Dallas ... but I guess that would mess up Thanksgiving or something.

I would say the likelihood the NFL breaks up the Skins, Girls, Giants and Eagles is as near to 0 as it can possibly be regardless of how much sense it would make.

edit: didn't see your post DC. Great minds think alike.

Nah.
Beating up on the Falcons twice a year is too much fun to give up.

I hated the 49ers more than the cons. To this day I wish confusion and calamity on their entire organization. As for Atlanta.... Now they have eclipsed the 9ers in the sense I actively hate the cons and passively hate the 9ers.

It was a pretty strong conference with S.F. I do not really miss it. The NFC South may be even stronger now.

Heck yes,
I think it should all stay as it was during my formative years.

And in baseball, I will never get used the Astros in the AL and the Brewers in the NL.

That’s just not right.

The layout makes far more sense, and it appears it was good to send Atlanta with you for a good on-going rivalry.

We don't miss Tampa Bay at all.

I could never understand the Atlanta in the "West" thing either.
The five alignment plans for the NFC in 1970 were as follows, with Plan 3 eventually selected:

It doesn't help when you have only 3 western teams...

The five alignment plans for the NFC in 1970 were as follows, with Plan 3 eventually selected:

It doesn't help when you have only 3 western teams...

Wow!!
That is an awesome find.
Weren’t Seattle/Raiders/Chargers teams back then?

Weren’t Seattle/Raiders/Chargers teams back then?

They were all AFC teams at the time. While Seattle spent it's first season (1976) in the NFC, they were switched over to the AFC the following year. In 2002 the Seahawks were eventually moved back into the NFC when the city of Houston had to sell their soul to receive a new NFL franchise after the Oilers fled to Tennessee. Houston returned to the AFC in the new South division, and Seattle became part of the newly realigned NFC West.

Steve was a great W.R. and a classier person there. But not really missing the NFC West.

In 1967, Saints were in the Capitol Division of the NFL Eastern Conference, along with Dallas, Philly, and Washington D.C.
In 1968, Saints were in the Century Division of the NFL Eastern Conference with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and St. Louis Cardinals.
In 1969, Saints were back in the Capitol Division with Dallas, Philly, and Redskins.
In 1970, Saints replaced the Baltimore Colts in the NFC West, as this was the first year of the NFL-AFL merger.

NFC South will be in place for a long time, but of course I'm nostalgic for the old 1970's NFC West, and the late game kickoffs out in LA and SF.

In the late 1980s, Saints could've challenged the Niners better if Mora was not so conservative with the offense.

NFC South will be in place for a long time, but of course I'm nostalgic for the old 1970's NFC West, and the late game kickoffs out in LA and SF.

Start time makes no difference to me in Australia, really. A 1pm EST start is 3am here initially, 4am once we go to daylight savings on October 7 and 5am when you guys wind your clocks back a little late on in the season. 3pm EST starts aren't much better. Any arrangement means an early Monday morning for me.

However, attending the Rams game in LA last year when it was flexed to 1.25pm local time and the Atlanta TNF game made for a far longer lead-in with tailgating and so forth. Really enjoyable. The noon start time makes it seem like you've got to compress all your drinking/eating into a small window in the morning. Not that I didn't have a helluva time pre-game and post-game with some great people, including from this site, of course. I'm just not accustomed to the concept of football starting at midday (Australian football is usually 2pm, 4.40pm or 7.20-7.50pm).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom