Do anybody on here think we should make a trade before deadline. (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I read somewhere on bleacher report that Cleveland might be looking to trade two of their starting players. Dont know which two ,but if one of them is hayden , i think we should at least make a bid. But what do the saints fans think of a trade before deadline . If so i think we should trade for a player on the defensive side of the ball.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hayden would be a prize, but, I'm in favor of staying pat and riding out the season. Continue to give our young team experience.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Unless they have a DE or OLB pass rusher worth anything then no. We have to find a way to pressure the QB. Even with injuries our secondary hasn't been bad, they just have to cover too long. Unless Allen starts blitzing every play we need someone to step up and create pressure

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Grasping at straws is not a quick fix.

It looks like the staff has made the commitment to finally righting what has been a listing ship for a while so let's let it play out before we do something stupid again.

Breaux and Rankins will be back soon............Ellerbe I'm not so sure.........this guy sprains, pulls, or tweaks something walking to the bathroom......:idunno:

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Bringing Hayden here would be a repeat of Keenan Lewis if you ask me.

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I feel like Hayden hasnt been all that great lately. Or, at least not as good as what we'd probably have to trade to get him.

And as others have said, I think our passdefense problems are from lack of passrush more than secondary play.

CalgaryJay

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hayden would be a prize, but, I'm in favor of staying pat and riding out the season. Continue to give our young team experience.
This. Let's not put temporary bandaids on the team to prop them up to a 7-9 or 8-8 record. There's no point. Let's see what we got, keep giving the young guys experience, and take the top 10 draft pick if it comes to it.

Embrace the rebuild, it's the only way to do it properly on a young team with way more holes than can be filled by the trade deadline.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely not!!! If we were 3-1 then maybe for the right player, but not when this season will under any circumstances is not better than 7-9, if we are lucky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Question Need Help. Anybody have info on moving companies? Everything Else Board 2
Krodwhodat Anybody hear from Humperdoo Everything Else Board 9
egautr1 Official LSU vs. Miss. St. (SEC football is here!) Collegiate Sports Board 0
ndcc Saints Why do some here go to EXTREMES after a Saints’ loss? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Saints stumble but still own NFC South lead after Week 2; here's what to know, what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints What is Drew saying when he says "I'm not here to make air yards" Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara You would think Herbert just penciled himself in as starter from here on out Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs sets 4-year ratings high on Fox; here's how it broke down in New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints haven't trailed in NFC South for 722 days; here's where things stand after Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Saints "LIVE" pregame show ...right now (here's the link) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Should NFL abandon the mask rule for coaches? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Focus on New Orleans: Why Raiders should be worried about how Saints won opener SR News Page Articles 0
Saint_Ward Michael Thomas should be ok (ankle) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29