Do anybody on here think we should make a trade before deadline. (1 Viewer)

For who exactly? Hayden, Thomas, Mingo? On that note, I'd say NO. We already have former Browns, Kruger and Robertson.

An absolute ignorant statement. I am on record saying don't trade but Peat, Armstead, Breaux and Cam Jordan are all worth first round picks along with Cooks. The jury is also out on Rankins and KV.

Only person on this team that would nab a 1st outside of Drew is Armstead.

I'd snatch their hand off for Joel Bitonio.

In order of what I want from the Browns:

1. Bitonio
2. Haden (spell it right people, no "y")
3. Joe Thomas
4. Demario Davis/Gary Barnidge

Browns get:
1st Round Pick (N.O. Saints)
6th Round Pick (N.O. Saints)
Luke McCown, QB

Saints get:
Joel Bitonio, OG
Joe Haden, CB

sign me up

People seem to be saying "let's give this young team experience" but not everyone of our current players are going to be here next season and not all of them have any upside at all other than depth. So what's the point in giving a select few players experience whilst the others are only starting because we are literally scraping the barell? If Hayden is available we should make a move.

The point is the guys who will stick around will gain that experience. And you have no idea which guys who are perceived to have no upside might surprise you and overachieve.

A trade could work, but that would only bring in one or two players tops. Not exactly going to do some blockbuster 5 player swapping deal like in the NBA or MLB.

Hayden would be a prize, but, I'm in favor of staying pat and riding out the season. Continue to give our young team experience.

Agree 100%. With so many young players and our chances at the playoffs being extremely small, let's spend this season developing the younger players and see who is going to be a key part of the Saints future. And let's save our draft picks for a change.

Browns get:
1st Round Pick (N.O. Saints)
6th Round Pick (N.O. Saints)
Luke McCown, QB

Saints get:
Joel Bitonio, OG
Joe Haden, CB

sign me up

Don't sign me up!

Our first round pick will almost certainly be in the top 10. Joe Haden may be an above average CB but he is in the last year of his rookie deal. He will be looking for a big payday, and I'm not willing to mortgage our future for his services the rest of the season. Bitonio is good but no where near Armstead.

Don't sign me up!

Our first round pick will almost certainly be in the top 10. Joe Haden may be an above average CB but he is in the last year of his rookie deal. He will be looking for a big payday, and I'm not willing to mortgage our future for his services the rest of the season. Bitonio is good but no where near Armstead.

there is so much wrong with this i'm not even sure how to respond...

our first round pick won't be in the top 10, because even if we go 7-9 again, we'll pick just outside the top 10 like we do every year unfortunately (but i think we will at least get to 8-8).

Joe Haden was drafted in 2010, nowhere near his rookie deal unfortunately, and he already signed his massive contract two years ago. We would have to take his large cap hit, but he is a good CB and only 27.

Joel Bitonio is a guard. His acquisition would have absolutely ZERO affect to Armstead.

I'd make a trade or two, but not to acquire a current NFL player. Even if it's for the lower rounds, I really want to see Loomis stockpile more draft picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom