Do anybody on here think we should make a trade before deadline. (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I read somewhere on bleacher report that Cleveland might be looking to trade two of their starting players. Dont know which two ,but if one of them is hayden , i think we should at least make a bid. But what do the saints fans think of a trade before deadline . If so i think we should trade for a player on the defensive side of the ball.

Hayden would be a prize, but, I'm in favor of staying pat and riding out the season. Continue to give our young team experience.

Unless they have a DE or OLB pass rusher worth anything then no. We have to find a way to pressure the QB. Even with injuries our secondary hasn't been bad, they just have to cover too long. Unless Allen starts blitzing every play we need someone to step up and create pressure

Might as well it's not like this team is good at drafting or devoloping talent...with a few exceptions

Without a pass rush it doesn't matter if we had Darrell Green, Deion Sanders or Revis in our secondary with Ed Reed and Sammy Knight. BDM

5 points for bringing Sammy Knight into the conversation.

Grasping at straws is not a quick fix.

It looks like the staff has made the commitment to finally righting what has been a listing ship for a while so let's let it play out before we do something stupid again.

Breaux and Rankins will be back soon............Ellerbe I'm not so sure.........this guy sprains, pulls, or tweaks something walking to the bathroom......:idunno:

Bringing Hayden here would be a repeat of Keenan Lewis if you ask me.

I feel like Hayden hasnt been all that great lately. Or, at least not as good as what we'd probably have to trade to get him.

And as others have said, I think our passdefense problems are from lack of passrush more than secondary play.

Hayden would be a prize, but, I'm in favor of staying pat and riding out the season. Continue to give our young team experience.
This. Let's not put temporary bandaids on the team to prop them up to a 7-9 or 8-8 record. There's no point. Let's see what we got, keep giving the young guys experience, and take the top 10 draft pick if it comes to it.

Embrace the rebuild, it's the only way to do it properly on a young team with way more holes than can be filled by the trade deadline.

Absolutely not!!! If we were 3-1 then maybe for the right player, but not when this season will under any circumstances is not better than 7-9, if we are lucky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom