"Do atheists hate the Saints?" (1 Viewer)

I love the Saints and everything the franchise stands for, so even though it was just sarcasm, it's a bad analogy/comparison and it' wrong.

Would i still root for los Angeles border hoppers? Or the los Angeles money grabbers even through my Jewish/Mexican roots?

If Goodell is athiest, this explains alot...

I know what an alot is but I don't know what it has to do with Goodell.

ALOT.png

Agreed.
But if there were a team named the Honkies, I might be offended...but probably not too much.

You know, now that I think about it, I like this name. I like it more than the Pelicans. Just think of the merchandising that you could do!!!

Absolutely. They also hate puppies, babies, and sweet old grannies.

And pie.

The Washington Sachems would work and they could keep their logo but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

LOL, they have no problem with Saints, religion or any other thing, just don't believe it, but respect your right to believe whatever you want.

I think that's a dumb and completely different comparison that guy made.

I think the writers point was more towards the fact that many of these names for teams could offend someone if they were thin skinned enough. It's not a direct comparison.

I do think the point about when is it or isn't it ok to use a Native American term. Blackhawks, Fighting Sioux, Chiefs, Redskins, Braves, Indians..

If we're going to consider Redskin derogatory, then shoudn't we also do the same for White, Black, Brown, Yellow?

When named the Redskins in 1932 I would not imagine it was seen as a derogitory name, although I do not know first hand.
It has become "derogitory" due to political correctness and an over-abundance of sensitivity.
There will always be something that someone, somewhere complains about because it hurts their feeelings.
the Fighting Irish will be in the cross hairs next, then the Yankees (Northerners) , then the Vikings (Norseman), then the Braves and so on and so on.

Some people have way too much time on their hands and should concentrate on THEMSELVES

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom