Do not let Ed Reed leave New Orleans without a contract! (merged) (1 Viewer)

Ed Reed is exactly what every single defense needs.

Sadly, there is only one, and he in the wrong side of his 30s.

You can't compare him to Sharper, Sharper was hungry for another SB. He hadn't been back since his rookie year and was nearing retirement and knew he only had one or two shots left.

Ed just won his second and has been 3x, he will look for the money or retire. He won't make an impact for any team next year, unless he stays a Raven.

Correction: Ed Reed just won his first SB. Contrary to popular belief, Reed was not on the 2000 Ravens team.

I honestly think we will go after him. In fact, I see this being a big potential off-season thread here sometime next month: "Ed Reed to visit Saints." Sadly though, I think his (football) heart is in Baltimore, and after going back and forth with his decision between us and them, he'll wind up signing back there.

Correction: Ed Reed just won his first SB. Contrary to popular belief, Reed was not on the 2000 Ravens team.

Been spending too much time under my rock; I completely overlooked this. All that blabber about Ray Lewis, but this is the worthier story, IMO.

Couldn't be happier about another team winning a SB. Reed deserves it.

I will take a one or two year stop gap if that means we are that much closer to winning a SB again. Chances are we draft a Safety in later rounds anyway. So why not get an elite FS in Reed and draft a young guy to groom under him. And I think MJ should move back to the Nickly CB position.

I will take a one or two year stop gap if that means we are that much closer to winning a SB again. Chances are we draft a Safety in later rounds anyway. So why not get an elite FS in Reed and draft a young guy to groom under him. And I think MJ should move back to the Nickly CB position.

Yeah, the NicklY CB position. Kinda prickly in the Nickly position...j/k!

I never understood the "I don't want a stop gap guy" argument. In today's NFL, your lineup is bound to be littered with "stop gap guys" here and there.

Ed just won his second and has been 3x, he will look for the money or retire. He won't make an impact for any team next year, unless he stays a Raven.

You don't know what you're talking about do you? This was only his first time ever playing in a SB. The Ravens have only ever played in 2 SBs, and he was not a part of the first one, so how could he have won 2 and played in 3?

Would love to see him here but i will be happy for him wherever he winds up.

He is a great Rep for this area. Much love for Ed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom