Do Roger "Fooldell's Actions Really Make Sense to Anyone? (1 Viewer)

BuddyDeesGhost

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
One thing that we can rest easy on after this week is what history's take will be on the 2012 Saint's bountygate scandal.

Yes they will look back on it and say: "...that was one crazy commissioner!"

His vision of the game makes no sense.

Observe the contradictions in his actions and dare to tell me hes not showing symptoms of insanity:
a. He passes the Brady rule to protect quarterbacks
THEN
b. He proposes a rule saying blockers cant chip - ahem...one of the best ways to protect the quarterback

a. He says there will be a rule against helmet first tackles to protect players from concussions
THEN
b. He makes a rule against runningbacks lowering their helmets - ahem...which makes them more vulnerable to having their necks snapped back

Oh Lord, how long must we be a victim of this buffoon?

One thing that we can rest easy on after this week is what history's take will be on the 2012 Saint's bountygate scandal.

Yes they will look back on it and say: "...that was one crazy commissioner!"

Observe the contradictions in his actions and dare to tell me hes not showing symptoms of insanity:
a. He passes the Brady rule to protect quarterbacks
THEN
b. He proposes a rule saying blockers cant chip - ahem...one of the best ways to protect the quarterback

a. He says there will be a rule against helmet first tackles to protect players from concussions
THEN
b. He makes a rule against runningbacks lowering their helmets - ahem...which makes them more vulnerable to having their necks snapped back

Oh Lord, how long must we be a victim of this buffoon?

Concusion lawsuits!!!!!!!!!

Concusion lawsuits!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but lawsuits from neck injuries would be equally damaging. Marshall Faulk said the runningbacks sometimes need to put their shoulders down to brace for impact.

With the neck tilted up, you're in a position to get paralyzed for life!

Yes, but lawsuits from neck injuries would be equally damaging. Marshall Faulk said the runningbacks sometimes need to put their shoulders down to brace for impact.

It is all about how much money the league will lose because of the lawsuits.

GODell will be the downfall of this league we love but,I believe the owners are just as bad if not worse.:covri:

History will see the nfl go down from law suits, and another league created with life time health benefits for players, and annuities set up by the new union giving players life time income also, nothing for them to really sue for in the future of the NEW league. so maybe they will bring back hitting.

You're giving undue credit that he has a vision.

He lives his job year to year, and the constant rule changes to fit the agenda pretty much prove it to me. I will say I do read his mass sent emails before I trash them, and all this garbage about player safety and improving the game - every bit of it - ties into "bounties", and how there's "no room for it in our game".

Not once have I ever read about what they've done to steadily improve the game or how safety has evolved since he took over 7 years ago. Not once have I ever read anything on how they plan to evolve the game and the league over the next 10-15 years. He operates strictly within the previous 3 year window.

There is no vision. His job given to him by the owners is to get lawsuits dismissed. How he fares determines his fate past 2018.

True. But some of the owners must be wondering about him. He at least appears to be testing his power every chance he gets.

As long as he keeps improving revenue for the owners, all will be ok. Fans can hate him all they want. I understand what you are saying but owners don't care about what fans think if they are making money at a insane rate.

You are probably more likely to get your neck broken from being pushed down when your head is down than having it pushed back. Our neck is designed to go back, but it is only designed to go so far forward. Plus, a neck roll can be worn to stop the neck from going back. Not so with stopping it from going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom