Do some Cubs fans really believe in the "Curse" (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Because since the 2008 Opening Day is about a week away and the cubs are still looking to break the 100 year supposed curse, I want to ask some people who follow Cubs baseball like myself and others who like MLB baseball this question? do you really buy into that the notion of us being cursed or having some kind of bad karma to our past 100 years of futility. Its sound silly but some people in Chicago really think that the cubs are cursed. WGN did a survey when the cubs made the post season last year and a surprisingly large amount of people thought there was an actual curse on this team.

My God 100 years is a hell of a long time to wait for a championship. In fact its almost unbearable even from a Saints fan standpoint. I hope the Cubs can break it this year and show how silly believing in curses really are.

Here's to the Cubs and their 2008 MLB campaign. Lets bring it on home baby

To quote you in October,
I am starting to think maybe the Cubs are cursed or maybe we just cursed ourselves by getting cocky after winning the NL Central and getting ahead of ourselves, we didn't look ahead to the future and the Dbacks.

Because right now the Dbacks are killing us, they have better pitching, smarter hitters, and maybe a smarter manager. That is why we are losing I think, we are getting outmanaged and outmaneuvered

I've been a Cubs fan for as long as I can remember, and I never bought into the whole curse thing.

Then, Steve Bartman happened. Count me as a believer now.

I can't blame Bartman. The Cubs had that game won and they choked. Bartman just made it easy to blame someone other than themselves. They totally went flat. I would like to see people put Bartman behind them and start blaming the real reasons they lost.

With that being said, it sure seems like they are cursed. 100 years, that is a long time.

i don't see why not, i believe the Saints curse.....

I will never pity a sports franchise that has a championship anywhere in its history.

Of course most Cubs fans believe the team is cursed. It’s always easier to look for reasons outside of yourself as to why you failed than it is to just accept the fact that you weren’t quite good enough. And historically the Cubs just haven’t been that well run of a franchise. Same with the Saints. It’s fun to believe that the Superdome being built on an old paupers’ grave is the reason why the Saints haven’t been more successful, but the truth of the matter is that historically the Saints have been one of the worse run teams in the NFL. It is what it is. Red Sox fans played up the whole “Curse of the Bambino” thing, saying that they were cursed because they traded Babe Ruth but let’s face it; if you’re the type of franchise that has an owner who’s going to trade away the best player in baseball for cash so he can finance a freakin’ musical then your probably not going to win too many championships. It was those types of decisions over the years that lead to zero championships, not a make believe “curse.”

Cubs fans like to blame Bartman for their woes, but the Cubs where still in a dominant position to win that game despite that play (shortstop Alex Gonzalez’s error of a routine grounder was much more devastating), and the Cubs still had their two aces (Prior and Wood) taking the bump in games 6 and 7. The Cubs just didn’t play well enough to win and they have themselves, not a curse, to blame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom