Do the Patriots get called for holding on that punt returned to the house? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Serious question.

I don't believe there is any way the Patriots are flagged for holding on that play.

I think it's a tragedy that teams are treated differently on borderline infractions. In this instance I'm being kind to the refs calling it borderline.

anyone have a video of that play? I missed that play.

anyone have a video of that play? I missed that play.
I took a still photo of it.

20191021_183129_HDR.jpg

Two players interlocked with each other.

Zach Line, just to the left of Robertson.

That was the extent of it.

Seriously, that was it.

The Pat's are the 6th least penalized team in the league. Carolina is least, then Miami.

The Saints are tied with Buffalo for 8th most penalized team. Atlanta is first.

Given that, I'm going to say NE would not have been penalized.

didn't a ref this year tell another team's player to go easy on tom brady or something?
i think there is some bias towards that team. could even be subconscious, but robert kraft is pretty good friends with the commish, who knows.

It's sad. I had just told my dad when they lined up to punt that it sure would be nice to take one to the house. Then he did! Was crazy, but of course I had a feeling there would be "some" penalty. It's getting absolutely ridiculous.
I still think we are purposely targeted.

And every penalty on us, almost without fail, is at the most inopportune time.

The ticky tack block on the edge when we scored a TD. But of course they called us for holding.

It's an obvious, emphatic no. Easily the most ridiculous call of the game. Iirc, the flag was thrown during the return, for a penalty that occurred during the kick. It made no sense and it stunk of trying to prevent the return from counting.

It's an obvious, emphatic no. Easily the most ridiculous call of the game. Iirc, the flag was thrown during the return, for a penalty that occurred during the kick. It made no sense and it stunk of trying to prevent the return from counting.
That is correct the penalty was thrown after the two men had long disengaged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom