Do the Patriots get called for holding on that punt returned to the house? (1 Viewer)

Oh yeah, SP was more than jus a lil POed with that call! It was the very first thing he brought up in his presser after the game! Ridiculous!

I also saw this tweet from former Saint Jermon Bushrod about the play:

“I would love to see where the HOLD was on ZACH LINE!!! Because that clip that was replayed on TV was damn good technique to me. Hands were inside. Footlocker employees tripping again......!”

???

I still think we are purposely targeted.

And every penalty on us, almost without fail, is at the most inopportune time.

The ticky tack block on the edge when we scored a TD. But of course they called us for holding.

Yeah, how many TDs have been called back for us this season due to penalties or a ref blowing a play dead? We should seriouly start keeping count.

I feel bad for Deonte too. The rook has had some ups n downs/growing pains for sure. But that easily shoulda been his second PR for a TD! No telling what that would do for his confidence, and his play moving forward!

I think you can get your answer watching MNF tonight. Patriots held several times on their first drive. And I am not talking about interior o line holding. Clear holding on the edge . Of course not a single flag thrown.

Edit - the refs are at the game. Threw a flag on the Jets on the ensuing kickoff!

Speaking of Deonte, what the heck happened at the end of his run? I thought he pulled a hammy for a second.

But he was ok.

I think you can get your answer watching MNF tonight. Patriots held several times on their first drive. And I am not talking about interior o line holding. Clear holding on the edge . Of course not a single flag thrown.
They have been holding for several years now. And they are the least penalized offensive line. Every year. Even though they aren't a great O line. Which means you're gonna get called for penalties because you're having to make up for deficiencies. But not those Patriots baw.

Edit - the refs are at the game. Threw a flag on the Jets on the ensuing kickoff!
Yep, I saw the grab off the jersey turn or impede tge defender.

certainly would have been called on us.

I took a still photo of it.

20191021_183129_HDR.jpg

Two players interlocked with each other.

Zach Line, just to the left of Robertson.

That was the extent of it.

Seriously, that was it.
That’s not holding. That’s definitely NOT holding.

Speaking of Deonte, what the heck happened at the end of his run? I thought he pulled a hammy for a second.

But he was ok.

He ran right over the flag on the ground... he knew it was all for nothing so he slowed up and took a knee to wait for the erroneous call.

I dont even know why they even make the Patriots play the regular season at this point. The AFC East exists to give the Pats 6 free wins a season. Yeah the Bills are 5-1, but that bridge will collapse soon enough. You put those other 3 teams in the Big East and 2 of them wouldnt even be bowl eligible.

Never in a million years do the Pats get called for that. If a ref dared make the call, he would be talked out of it by the rest of the crew and forced to pick up the flag.

The Patriots would not get called for that.

The call was so bad that the commentators didn't even comment on it. If it is borderline they will say something or go to their officiating expert to appease the fans. This call, they knew it was a phantom call specifically thrown to impact the game and keep the beloved Bears in the game. They were either instructed not to say anything or knew that if they did there would be consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom