Do the SAINTS have a Top Ten defense? (1 Viewer)

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have to fix the tubes for the Internet, they must have got plugged or something.

RaDaRkInG

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice that the NY Giants are ranked one behind us on offense and defense. We are #10 and they are #11 on defense and we are #7 and they are #8 on offense.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Saban is picking up where he left off at LSU in regards to defense!

Wow!

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that surprises me. Payton and Gibbs can't be given enough credit for the great job they've done improving the D so quickly. I never thought we'd be sitting at #10 in fewest yards allowed midway this season. I figured we were another year away from a respectable D. Obviously, we're still vulnerable on the deep ball, and our run D is not always consistent, but watching the defense this season compared to the last few under Haslett and Venturi is like watching a whole different team. This shows what good coaching coupled with realistic talent evaluation can do.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
#4 in the NFC
On offense the Saints are 7th in the NFL and 4th in the NFC. Pretty solid all the way around.

RgnKjnDroid

Very Banned
Reaction score
Teams that are ranked in the Top 10 in both Offense and Defense typically do well in the playoffs, no?

Hope they can keep this up while improving the rushing rankings on both sides of the ball a bit.

BTW: is there a program that can check the interweb ;) for errors?

Atom Palmer

Reaction score
I'm shocked that we are tenth in PAPG with 19.9

Under 20 points!!! The way guys talk about Simneauo , thomas and mckenzie on this board I though we were dead last

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble as it's a great achievement and all but the Arizona Cardinals finished in the top 10 of both categories last year, with I believe the #1 offense

OP
BigSlick

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble as it's a great achievement and all but the Arizona Cardinals finished in the top 10 of both categories last year, with I believe the #1 offense
They also finished at 5-11? The SAINTS would have to go on quite the losing streak to finish with eleven loses. Like time-travellingly bad.

cajunkid

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Other people rate us bad lets rate ourselves. I say we are #3 offense & #5 on Defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saint Kamara Saints defense prevents 100 yard rusher yet again Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Cincy Saint Film breakdown - Saints defense takes away the middle from Brady and the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints defense faces tough test in Josh Jacobs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Defense at Raiders Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: How Saints rushing offense lines up vs. Raiders rushing defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Andrus Saints Offense at Raiders Defense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Second look: How the Saints went small on defense to defeat the Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 1
ktmoze Saints Offense vs. Raiders Defense Preview - Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Dan in Lafayette 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad, Pt. 1 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints can rely on consistent, balanced defense in title quest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Defense shines in spots as Saints top Buccaneers in near-silent Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: New look Bucs rushing attack takes on stout Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 bold predictions for the Saints defense in 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2021 NFL Draft names Saints fans need to know that won’t play this fall: Defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints defense will have to adjust to the new “normal” in the Dome without screaming fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Let's just hope a certain saying holds true for the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
What we learned, what is trending and final thoughts from the Saints 34-24 loss in Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: 2 games in, Saints make it clear they have ways to go to reach Super Bowl dreams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After fast start, Saints stumble in humbling loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Postgame Show | Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints have not gone 2-0 since 2013 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Derek Carr tosses three touchdowns as Raiders win Las Vegas debut 34-24 over Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Raiders power past Saints in Allegiant Stadium debut SR News Page Articles 0
Blessedog The Raiders played Saints Football and Won Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Watch: Saints rookie tight end Adam Trautman catches first NFL pass against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Raiders tie Saints 17-17 with 10 points in final 1:44 of first half Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whodat GT N/S SR community to the rescue: I´m looking for a long lost friend and Saints fan. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints vs. Raiders: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill Update Saints are wearing their Color Rush uniforms tonight!!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints @ Bucs SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Update: Cantrell allows High School Football to start with some fans @ games. Still no word on Saints Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Droopy Saints Captains' Families HYPED Send-Off to Fathers Ahead of Week 2 at Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Las Vegas welcomes the Saints against all odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
FOX Sports New Orleans to re-air 2020 Saints games starting Week 2 vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fan confidence high as Saints head to Vegas for tonight’s Monday Night Football showdown Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints defensive line rotations performed in week one Saints RSS News Feeds 0