Do the SAINTS have a Top Ten defense? (1 Viewer)

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Internet is broken. The Black and Gold is top ten is both YPG and PPG? Madness. The end times are upon us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...ece of work=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

They have to fix the tubes for the Internet, they must have got plugged or something.

Did you happen to notice that the NY Giants are ranked one behind us on offense and defense. We are #10 and they are #11 on defense and we are #7 and they are #8 on offense.

Looks like Saban is picking up where he left off at LSU in regards to defense!

Wow!

Wow, that surprises me. Payton and Gibbs can't be given enough credit for the great job they've done improving the D so quickly. I never thought we'd be sitting at #10 in fewest yards allowed midway this season. I figured we were another year away from a respectable D. Obviously, we're still vulnerable on the deep ball, and our run D is not always consistent, but watching the defense this season compared to the last few under Haslett and Venturi is like watching a whole different team. This shows what good coaching coupled with realistic talent evaluation can do.

#4 in the NFC
On offense the Saints are 7th in the NFL and 4th in the NFC. Pretty solid all the way around.

Teams that are ranked in the Top 10 in both Offense and Defense typically do well in the playoffs, no?

Hope they can keep this up while improving the rushing rankings on both sides of the ball a bit.

BTW: is there a program that can check the interweb ;) for errors?

I'm shocked that we are tenth in PAPG with 19.9

Under 20 points!!! The way guys talk about Simneauo , thomas and mckenzie on this board I though we were dead last

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble as it's a great achievement and all but the Arizona Cardinals finished in the top 10 of both categories last year, with I believe the #1 offense

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble as it's a great achievement and all but the Arizona Cardinals finished in the top 10 of both categories last year, with I believe the #1 offense

They also finished at 5-11? The SAINTS would have to go on quite the losing streak to finish with eleven loses. Like time-travellingly bad.

Other people rate us bad lets rate ourselves. I say we are #3 offense & #5 on Defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom