Do the Saints have the best trio of Safeties? Do the Saints have the best DB Unit? (1 Viewer)

CJ plays nickel !

Williams is the truth , Jenkins is as solid as it gets .

Swearinger , PJ Williams still make for great backs up that can start on other teams .

Yes this Safety group is the deepest

on paper it looks great. idk if the best, but its one of the best and there's a long time passing since we Who Dats could say that. Good Post El! Thx

I couldn't agree more.

On paper, it looks fantastic!

Although we could really use another veteran corner. We are still a little thin at the boundary position.

If lattimore or Jenkins goes down, I dont want to have rely on PJ.

PJ is really good in the slot, but isn't athletic enough to consistently have success on the boundary.

I guarantee you the Saints are going ti be paying attention to the CB's who are cut. The only bad thing is, a veteran CB is a hot commodity right now, being that there are no preseason games.

Its gonna be hard to come by

I'd say no because I'm not a big fan of Dennis Allen. There's been too many times the D seems unprepared, especially for big games.

However, I'd be MORE than happy to eat my words at the end of the season.

I guess it depends on how you feel about Marcus Williams. Some say he's one of the best FS in the league. Others say he's terrible at football. PFF and various metrics suggest that he's a really good player. Bob in Chalmette suggests that he's a bum.

If the Dline and LBers can stay healthy that will help out the secondary immensely. The secondary was not the same once they got injured. I think the continued emergence of CGJ and having Jackrabbit a full season will make this a tough secondary to throw against.

Marcus Williams is a liability.

That pretty much ends this discussion.

Lmao. Maybe for you it ends it, but there's a bunch of us who think he's very good and close to becoming elite. From side angles or behind, he's a deft tackler. It seems that sometimes when its a physical head-on tackle, he's not very aggressive and occasionally seems to look away right before contact. But that can be coached up.

I guess you were Lyao when he got abused by kittle and also lyao when he is routinely weak in tackling and never plays a physical brand of football like CGJ.

Williams always looks late to the party on deep balls to me. Looks like he gets sucked in on a crossing route look, then offers no help or late help on a deep route. Plus he's been a poor tackler at times. Hope he improves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom