Do they not play crowd noise in the stadium? (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought they were playing sound clips of crowd noise in the stadiums during the games (with a 75dB limit, etc etc). Yet, all the articles I read today talked about how it was dead silent.

Is that not a thing? Granted, 75dB is like a mouse fart compared to what the Dome is normally at, but it's something.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? They were definitely playing noise. (EDIT - I see what OP means now).

It's not extremely loud - nothing like a truly full stadium and I don't know why people keep insisting that it has anything to do with trying to recreate a full stadium. But it does add some atmosphere. I noticed that the noise seemed to correlate to the game (the had the "oooh" sound when a big hit happened, etc.).

Last edited:
OP

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? They were definitely playing noise.

It's not extremely loud - nothing like a truly full stadium and I don't know why people keep insisting that it has anything to do with trying to recreate a full stadium. But it does add some atmosphere. I noticed that the noise seemed to correlate to the game (the had the "oooh" sound when a big hit happened, etc.).
As I understand it, that was audio that was added to the broadcast feed only, not the actual stadium.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As I understand it, that was audio that was added to the broadcast feed only, not the actual stadium.

Ah, I see your point now. It wasn't clear from the OP.

Yes, I thought it was supposed to be in the stadium.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Emmanuel Sanders placed on reserve-COVID list, will not play Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas' discipline from Saints is over, but will he play Sunday? Sean Payton declines to say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Christian McCaffrey not expected to play this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
DerrickB How would you feel if the Saints go 12-4 and have to play a 6-10 or 7-9 NFC East Team in the Playoffs? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 60
woohoosaint N/S Did Titans' Mike Vrabel make one of the smartest play calls of season vs. Texans? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints to play Panthers in Superdome this Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints will play at Superdome in Week Seven Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 16: Saints continue discussion to play at Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LaToya Cantrell says Saints' idea to play at Tiger Stadium is 'a good solution for right now' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 145
Taker597 In two weeks, Defense will play against our own Offensive System run by Joe Brady. Thoughts? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Saints exploring to play LSU's Tiger Stadium since fans aren't yet allowed in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pensacola Special Teams play -vs- Chargers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
LonghornSaintsFan Dome Noise Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5