Do ticket prices always spike in the Summer? (1 Viewer)

WhoDat2010

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hey!

I bought a pair of opening day Saints/Falcons tickets a while back in section 640 for $145 bucks a pop. I went back today out of curiosity to check what the prices are. $300 bucks a ticket!!! Stubhub has them at $400 a ticket!! I know this is a prime game but that is ridiculous for the nosebleed section.

I'm relatively new to buying tickets since I used to never go to games and only watch on tv. Is this pattern normal for this time of year? Will they drop back off to face value a day or two before the game?

I doubt they will get back to face value given the opponent and the fact that it is the opening game of the season. It is all supply and demand.

So when is the best time to buy tickets? We've never been to a game before and are hoping to go this year.

From what I'm seeing I think I should wait at least until sometime in July to purchase tickets - is this correct?

We're trying to decide on plaza endzone or the 600s. It looks like those are the only ones in our price range.

So when is the best time to buy tickets? We've never been to a game before and are hoping to go this year.

From what I'm seeing I think I should wait at least until sometime in July to purchase tickets - is this correct?

We're trying to decide on plaza endzone or the 600s. It looks like those are the only ones in our price range.

Definitely wait it out some. After a schedule announcement, they hike up the prices because everyone is excited and such. Should check July-ish

IMO; its all a gamble. Prices are high now based on expectations and matchups. Prices could plunge based on records as the season progresses. So buyers have to be willing to gamble and buy now or wait and hope matchup hype or records help drive down prices.

I honestly dont see the 1st game of the season dropping to much IMO. 1st Game, Coach is Back, and hell, its the Falcons-Divison game. I could be wrong though.

For every person that waits, I think there are 5 people that dont-therefore the cheap seats now get taken and only expensive ones are left. Just my two sense.

im selling my atlants $190 face value seats in section 117 for $500..2 seats. way i look at it i may as well get the most for em early in case it goes down hill and i lose money!

IMO; its all a gamble. Prices are high now based on expectations and matchups. Prices could plunge based on records as the season progresses. So buyers have to be willing to gamble and buy now or wait and hope matchup hype or records help drive down prices.

I honestly dont see the 1st game of the season dropping to much IMO. 1st Game, Coach is Back, and hell, its the Falcons-Divison game. I could be wrong though.

For every person that waits, I think there are 5 people that dont-therefore the cheap seats now get taken and only expensive ones are left. Just my two sense.

I completely agree with the Atlanta game analysis. now it's rediculous the price. Glad I did it when I did. But will be worth it! The dome will be rockin'!

So when is the best time to buy tickets?

99% of the time it is best to buy within 24 hours of kickoff. these sites drop the price of tickets as the game gets closer automatically. then people that have extra tickets at the last minute put them on and put the price lower that the lowest available in their area. a terrace ticket selling for 150 right now will be available for 50-60 day of the game for pretty much every game.

99% of the time it is best to buy within 24 hours of kickoff. these sites drop the price of tickets as the game gets closer automatically. then people that have extra tickets at the last minute put them on and put the price lower that the lowest available in their area. a terrace ticket selling for 150 right now will be available for 50-60 day of the game for pretty much every game.

Is this Common practice? like Stubhub, ticket exchange, etc?

It depends on the individual seller. The more tickets that are left, the lower the price is going to be. The more demand for a game there is, the higher the price is going to go. Atlanta and Dallas will almost certainly be the most expensive games, followed by San Francisco. Bad teams, especially ones we play ever year will be the cheapest games. Prices for those games will usually drift down as we get closer to game day. Expecting that for the home opener against the Falcons with Sean Payton back in control is foolish. You might catch a deal, but more likely you'll be cursing the people scalping seats at "crazy prices" and deciding if you want to spend $200 for a terrace seat.

What do you recommend for somebody that has never been to a game - but has a hotel room reserved for the last home game against the Bucs? How long to wait? We'll need at least 2 tickets, probably 4. Not sure about more than that.

From what I've seen, it's easier/cheaper to get tickets in smaller increments. The more tickets you want (together) the more it seems to cost.

Having never been - we don't know where we want to sit but we know we don't want to have to sell a kidney. We've looked at endzone, corner endzone, and seats at the top. You'll have to forgive us for not knowing all of the sections.

You can probably buy lower endzones for $125 or so. You get a great view of half the action, and an okay view of the other half. If the game doesn't matter in December, you might get them for $100 each. However, if the game matters for the Saints making the playoffs, it could cost twice that at game time. If you are comfortable with the price, but them.

Yea, I figured as much about that. I'm curious about a price drop when tickets are released? I heard something about that. I know the prices have changed on stubhub and ticketmaster since I first started looking.

What do you recommend for somebody that has never been to a game - but has a hotel room reserved for the last home game against the Bucs? How long to wait? We'll need at least 2 tickets, probably 4. Not sure about more than that.

From what I've seen, it's easier/cheaper to get tickets in smaller increments. The more tickets you want (together) the more it seems to cost.

Having never been - we don't know where we want to sit but we know we don't want to have to sell a kidney. We've looked at endzone, corner endzone, and seats at the top. You'll have to forgive us for not knowing all of the sections.

Tickets to that game should be easy peasy. Barring some crazy week 17 pre "playoff" everything on the line game, you can buy tickets that week and probably get them below face.

Week 17 is usually not a very high demand ticket. Teams are typically either out of it or have it all locked up, so people save their money to get playoff tix.

I wouldnt worry about this game at all. Just sit back and wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom