do walmart carry analog TVs??? (1 Viewer)

Not sure, but you can be almost certain that a canary yellow *****in' camaro was involved.
Hey, Hey!! Easy on the Camaro, I've had two. Oh, that's right, I reside in Maryland's equivalent of Kenner.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do........and drive Camaros. Or is that Camaroes, like Tacoes :ezbill:

TV's is wrong too since we're being picky :).

I wouldn't say that TV's is wrong but rather it may not be preferred by some. I've seen Initials (TD's or TDs) and Dates (1970's or 1970s) and Numbers (6's or 6s) pluralized by adding 's or just s. Recently I've switched to not using the apostrophe because it saves me keystrokes on my Blackberry. Perhaps, there is only one accepted standard on this rule, but I haven't seen it.

I wouldn't say that TV's is wrong but rather it may not be preferred by some. I've seen Initials (TD's or TDs) and Dates (1970's or 1970s) and Numbers (6's or 6s) pluralized by adding 's or just s. Recently I've switched to not using the apostrophe because it saves me keystrokes on my Blackberry. Perhaps, there is only one accepted standard on this rule, but I haven't seen it.

"TV's" is wrong in the usage on that sign. With the apostrophe, it implies possession or contraction ("TV is"). No apostrophe for multiples:

My TV's broken. (contraction)
My TV's remote is broken. (possession)
All my TVs are broken. (multiple)

Same goes for numbers.

To think I went to public school in New Orleans. :idunno:

"TV's" is wrong in the usage on that sign. With the apostrophe, it implies possession or contraction ("TV is"). No apostrophe for multiples:

My TV's broken. (contraction)
My TV's remote is broken. (possession)
All my TVs are broken. (multiple)

Same goes for numbers.

To think I went to public school in New Orleans. :idunno:

As I indicated, I've seen it both ways. I've come to the conclusion both are correct.
<NOAL>English plural - Plurals of symbols and abbreviations: Encyclopedia II - English plural - Plurals of symbols and abbreviations</NOAL>

</TD></TR><TR><TD height="10">
nill.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=description><!--SHORT_DESCRIPTION-->Symbols and abbreviations whose plural would be ambiguous if only an s were added are pluralized by adding 's. "mind your p's and q's" Usage is divided on whether to extend this usage of the apostrophe to non-ambiguous cases, such as the plurals of numbers (1990's), words used as terms (his writing contains a lot of but's), and capitalized abbreviations (PC's). </TD></TR>

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/English_plural_-_Plurals_of_symbols_and_abbreviations/id/1364348

Salisbury is no Kenner. At least it wasn't when I was there.
When were you last in Salisbury? We're full of white/hispanic/black wanna-be-a-gang-bangers. Salisbury has the highest violent crime rate in the state of Maryland outside the worst areas of Baltimore City.

Aside from Salisbury University, things have changed my friend and it ain't for the better. What you see on Rt 50 isn't the real Salisbury.

All this being said, I've never been to Kenner

When were you last in Salisbury? We're full of white/hispanic/black wanna-be-a-gang-bangers. Salisbury has the highest violent crime rate in the state of Maryland outside the worst areas of Baltimore City.
/QUOTE]

Long ago, but it sounds like it's closer to Kenner than it used to be (worse, actually).

PM sent.

/QUOTE]

Long ago, but it sounds like it's closer to Kenner than it used to be (worse, actually).

PM sent.
Got your pm, and responded. People who haven't been here for awhile are often shocked at the changes. You were here when Salisbury University, now 7000 students, was still Salisbury State College and had 2500. that has been about the most positive change. Sadly, it seems you are correct about Salisbury now being worse than Kenner.

However, the people here are friendly and generous. My wife and son love it, and I have hopes it will return to what it once was. I've lived here 34 years, and hope to remain here. If we can get a mayor and city council that will work together for the common good as opposed to simply furthering their own personal agendas, things can improve :)

Pm if you come this way again! There are at least 3 diehard Saints fans!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom