Do we actually move up to #2 in the NFC with the Giants loss? (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
We are the #2 seed in the NFC right now

Saints 6-3
Giants 6-3
Seahawks 6-3

Saints are 5-1 in the NFC
Giants are 5-2 in the NFC
Seahawks are 5-2 in the NFC

So hey, it's way too early to even think playoffs, and we've got a long ways to go, but maybe this can make us sleep alittle better tonight.

Last edited:
Yep, we moved up with a loss... Gotta love it...

And we didn't lose ground in the division either (at least until tomorrow night)...

Hardly the worst day that we've lost...

Saints 6-3
Giants 6-3
Seahawks 6-3

Saints are 5-1 in the NFC
Giants are 5-2 in the NFC
Seahawks are 5-2 in the NFC

So hey, it's way too early to even think playoffs, and we've got a long ways to go, but maybe this can make us sleep alittle better tonight.

You're absolutely correct!

Plus our schedule is starting to lighten up (just a little) 2 tough games Bengals falcons, then 2 of three very winnable (should beat SF and Wash Dallas will be tough) And the Giants have been decimated with injuries the past 2 weeks, so we may have a shot at a first round bye.

man....I think us losing will keep us a little more grounded and under the radar for a bit longer.....

it seems we play better and have more luck when folks don't respect us.....and I'm ok with that. I really don't care about the media anymore....

gotta love it. even when we lose we win. what a season

I said in an earlier post, every good team also needs a "little luck" to get where they want to go.

With Hotlanta and the Giants losing today, we got a little of ours.

A loss by Carolina tomorrow would be helpful. But personally I don't know if they can get to 10 wins this year with their remaining schedule and their inconsistancies offensively and defensively. A win against Atlanta in a few weeks, with the way both the Falcons and Panthers are playing the last few weeks, could just about wrap up the division, similar to how the Seahawks just about have their division wrapped up with 7 games to go.

If the Seahawks finish the season 4-3 (giving them a 10-6 record), the Rams would have to finish 7-0 to win the dvision. The 49ers have a better shot right now of winning that division than the Rams, but I just don't see them getting above .500 this year.

But then again, I hate predicting the future and getting ahead of myself. The Saints themselves haven't been that impressive the last few games (at least record wise)

At least there's some good news! What playing well early does for a team (something Mora never seemed to understand)!
Correct the fumble-itis and we're on our way to the playoffs. Our defense isn't good enough to get us to the Super Bowl this year, but we've got enough make the playoffs and make some noise there if the team keeps believing in what Payton's doing and works on correcting its mistakes.
Next year, Loomis and Payton will shore up that "D" and watch out NFL!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom