Do we have a "You won't believe this!" thread already? (1 Viewer)

there is absolutely nothing to be gained by coddling the losers. life is life. better that they learn it from this, which is a voluntary activity (btw), than something in life that actually matters.

it isn't even newsworthy.
incorrecto
So here is a situation where there is no reward - no positive reinforcement
Neither winning or losing side gain anything- nothing really learned, no skills tested
There was also no negative reinforcement- no amount of avoidance would illicit gains

Hell, they should just fire the coach and disband the team…y’all choose which one.

incorrecto
So here is a situation where there is no reward - no positive reinforcement
Neither winning or losing side gain anything- nothing really learned, no skills tested
There was also no negative reinforcement- no amount of avoidance would illicit gains
playing basketball is a voluntary commitment. this commitment requires the participant's acknowledgement that there are rules. don't like the rules or can't handle the outcome? don't play or quit.

punishing a team/coach for doing everything within the rules is just plain dumb. it is a game. those kids are forked if they take the "oh you did me dirty" and rewarded for it attitude into the real world.

so yeah, i do think there are reinforcements.

No, I can think of plenty more if I thought about it..
Well hey if that is what you have to do in order to feel good about yourself and feel superior to others have at it!

Humiliate whenever possible, I guess that's good morals to have, it's the American way..
Are you capable of making a point based on facts and logic or do you just stick to lying and being dishonest about what people are saying

The irony of you mentioning morals

playing basketball is a voluntary commitment. this commitment requires the participant's acknowledgement that there are rules. don't like the rules or can't handle the outcome? don't play or quit.

punishing a team/coach for doing everything within the rules is just plain dumb. it is a game. those kids are forked if they take the "oh you did me dirty" and rewarded for it attitude into the real world.

so yeah, i do think there are reinforcements.
You’re moving the goalposts a bit
The question is ‘what benefit is there from letting one team humiliate another like that?’
These are high schools and thus have an instructive purpose
What lessons were learned?

Are you capable of making a point based on facts and logic or do you just stick to lying and being dishonest about what people are saying

The irony of you mentioning morals
Yes, the coach of the team intentionally humiliated the kids on the other team continued to run fast break and run up the score. Could have had his players hold the ball longer before shooting.
But many are saying they got what they deserved should have tried harder, etc. If they complain they.are snowflakes whiners, which is how many think how our.morals should be, if you lose you aren't allowed to speak your opinion. I also said the coach shouldn't be fired or suspended, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with him for being a Richard head and disrespectful and having now morals..

Yes, the coach of the team intentionally humiliated the kids on the other team continued to run fast break and run up the score. Could have had his players hold the ball longer before shooting.
But many are saying they got what they deserved should have tried harder, etc. If they complain they.are snowflakes whiners, which is how many think how our.morals should be, if you lose you aren't allowed to speak your opinion. I also said the coach shouldn't be fired or suspended, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with him for being a Richard head and disrespectful and having now morals..
I see the problem now...you don't know the difference between fact and opinion

It's also a Christian school, do you think what happened was a very Christian thing to do? And do you think his actions fit what the school represents?
Also, wasn't he reprimanded by his own school

It's also a Christian school, do you think what happened was a very Christian thing to do? And do you think his actions fit what the school represents?
Also, wasn't he reprimanded by his own school
Yeah, after the losing coach refused to accept the apology issued by the school. He said it wasn't enough.

It's funny how that works. HE gets to decide when enough is enough, but not the other coach... He wants to dictate how much he loses by and how much punishment the opponent gets for beating him.

You’re moving the goalposts a bit
The question is ‘what benefit is there from letting one team humiliate another like that?’
These are high schools and thus have an instructive purpose
What lessons were learned?
The lessons learned there are the same lessons that are most purposefully engineered and administered to completely demoralize all individuals who are going through basic military training, boot camp.

For about a month they are demoralized, and then they are restored. That ancient tried and true training method molds people for military service.

It's a horrible thing, but it's also a humane thing as it turns out. Without it the numbers of deaths of our troops go up, not down. And we generally win the shooting part of wars instead of lose.

(Then we have troubles with the after the shooting part ends, and the peace part begins.)

There's a time old reason school sports were developed and are so generously encouraged, Our traditional government going all the way back has supported school sports because schools support the essential security of a country.

I don't think this is something that has changed much since ancient Greek times. The Romans copied the method, so on and so forth through the ages to our modern time. Our founders knew about the importance of school sports.

You took that in a direction that makes no sense. The history of sports shows more sportsmanship (hence the word) than it ever showed humiliation and demoralization. Sports and military are not the same..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom