Do we have better RBs than the Cowboys (who were non existent in the run against NYG)? (1 Viewer)

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I hope we do because if it rains there, we're going to have to pound the football. Cowboys couldn't run against the Giants D in a dome. Can we even do it in rain?

Also - if you look at our D depth charts, not much better than what the Cowboys had last week. And the Giants only scored 20 points on them last week. It's going to be about time of possession and running well right?

I also may be wrong, but i heard the rain percentage went down significantly

Whether it rains or not I would like to see Ingram get more carries, he looked hungry in week 1

Dallas has better RBs and a significantly better O-line. Giants have 2 NTs that stuff the run really well. Rain or shine, the Saints will throw the ball. The rain can actually help a passing offense because the WRs know where they're going and the DBs have to react on wet field.

I know the hype about the Dallas O-line and Ezekiel Elliot, but if they were really as good as their hype wouldn't Elliot have averaged more than 2.6 yards per carry even if the Giants have really good DTs?

Last edited:
I know the hype about the Dallas O-line and Ezekiel Elliot, but if they were really as good as their hype wouldn't Elliot have averaged more than 2.6 yards per carry even if the Giants have really good DTs?

Their OL is overrated. It's top 10 in run blocking (FO has then 6th in run blocking and 19th in pass blocking last season), but it's not "the best" as you often hear.

Elliot is just a rookie at this point.

I'll take our backfield right now vs. their backfield for this game. Elliot may be a star one day, but today isn't that day and right now, the Cowboys don't have anything special back there.

BTW, Morris averaged 5 yards a carry last week.

The only back that struggled was the rookie Elliot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom