Do we make a trade for a FS to make a final run with Drew (1 Viewer)

Nuts. If anyone's head is going to roll after the game, it'll be CJC. Marcus blew a coverage and Teddy jumped on it whereas CJC had to actually get pulled from the game because he was so terrible.

What I don't understand is Dennis Allen and Marcus Williams are now four years together. There should not be those type of errors going on with him in the secondary.
This is why I say punt on Dennis Allen. I believe Allen was secondary coach for part of Jenkins first tenure here. We know that story.

Allen ran the secondary for Rob Ryan. It was atrocious.

And while his scheme has been very successful against the run, this version of his secondary makes lots of blunders and all players in it have regressed.

You want between .500 and winning record but early playoff exit (with a Drew Brees)? Keep Allen.

You want to challenge for a Super Bowl? Need beter.

I don’t understand. Do these guys forget how to play football at the end of each season? Why do some of these players need to be taught and guided every year under the same coaching staff? They’re not learning a new system or playbook this year. It’s mind-boggling.
Two letters; IQ!

Not the sharpest tools, in the toolbox.

I’d give Denver a conditional 2nd that could turn into a 1st (if he makes AllPro) for Justin Simmons in a heartbeat.

Coaching certainly plays a part as the number of times players are out of position at this stage of the season. I'm not entirely certain why CGJ was playing the slot because he was abused all game long. Why wasn't P-Rob in the slot?
Also the tackling or lack of was unforgivable. It effected every position on the D. I think every defensive player had a chance to make a tackle on Moore on Panthers TD before the half and everyone wiffed or just made zero effort.

This is not a very good defensive team. Yet another season where the entire Team is riding on Drew Brees to carry them.

I pity next season when he isn't around to bail us out...

We list CJG as our only other FS. Didn't he play a couple of games as FS in his rookie year and do great? If so, I agree with sliding one of our other CBs in and let him play fs. If CJG isn't good enough to replace 43, then that means we don't have any FSs and need to bring one in

From an article dated Oct. 4th.

Last week it looked like Earl Thomas was on the verge of signing in Houston, only for things to fall apart at the last minute. Now we have more clarity on what changed. “Numerous” Texans players spoke up about their desire not to have the veteran safety in the locker room, sources told Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. That apparently convinced O’Brien, who is also the team’s GM, to back off. Thomas has developed a reputation for being difficult to get along with in recent years, even though that wasn’t an issue early in his career with the Seahawks. He had a bitter divorce from Seattle, and was then of course cut by the Ravens after getting into a fight with a teammate and having Baltimore’s veterans ask the front office for his release. Houston played the Ravens in Week 2, and La Canfora notes that the subject of Thomas came up during conversations between players on the two teams. If he’s this strongly disliked by some of his fellow players, it could be a while before Thomas finds a new home.

Sounds like he is universally hated all around the league now.

Both deuce and Strief mentioned on the busted coverage for a touchdown Williams was playing zone coverage while the rest of the D was in man. If that is indeed the case he needs to be benched. Like yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom