Saints Do we need Clowney or Griffen? Larry Holder says no. Here's why... (1 Viewer)

The key question for us is will Clowney accept "depth money" to come here or will he continue to ask for "starters money" and risk, as another poster said, being on the couch and jobless when the season starts.

looking back on this thread now I may have preffered Griffen when it was created. He would have given us extremely good depth and rotation. Like DE2b. But the more I get excited at the possibility of Clowney, I am swayed the other way. Because watching videos of him, he will be more than depth and rotation (although those are great too) I think if you have him, you have to find a way to get him on the field as much as possible. Not necessarily replacing Dav but creating packages so that sometimes he replaces and sometimes you have them both. He just has another gear when he turns it on that can make the whole D shine.

Well if you are hanging your hat on Williams, I question the thought. Until he shows me he can actually make plays when it COUNTS (game on the line), I am not a fan.

I believe the coaches know what’s best, obviously. But for me, as a fan, I’ll wait before I get on the Williams train.

I can fully appreciate that, but there is no hanging my hat on him... he is the FS, he is on the field, he would be single high,... but with that pressure you would be lucky to hit a quick slant, or a leaking back... you damn sure won't see a shot play, or a deep throw... which would play to Williams' strength, keep the ball in front of him. 😁

Idk what y’all talking about . I’m Davenport biggest fan PERIOD. However as a team having a 3 man rotation of Clowney Davenport and Jordan is lethal . All 3 could get significant PT
Jordan 80%
Davenport -75%
Clowney-60%
As we will probably be kicking Jordan inside next to Rankins in obvious Pass rush situations

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom