Do we need to pull a Hollis Thomas/Jeff Faine type trade? (1 Viewer)

BlackandGoldXLIV

Lurkules (since 2001)
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A trade back and acquire a starter type player instead of an extra pick?

Hollis Thomas and Faine stepped right in and were solid starters for us. No rookie growing pains.

Add a 3-4 defensive player? Or O-line ?

I guess it depends on which player falls to us. But that strategy seemed to have worked pretty good in 2006. And I do think I remember Payton saying he was going to treat this season like it was his first.

Whatever we do, the players better put their damn cleats on.

I remember both of those deals w/ Philly and Cleveland. This will depend primarily on who's available when we are on the clock and a team REALLY wanting one of those players. I like the idea though, and regardless of how we get there, I just hope we upgrade the talent on defense.

I think thats the first good trade idea I've heard on these boards. I wouldn't be surprised if it was for a CB, and we all know who is available. I'm not saying that's the position I would target, but I could see it playing out like that.

I remember loving those moves. To move back a few spots to get dependable starters makes so much sense. I hope we get that lucky again.

i miss hollis...

Hollis_Thomas-1.jpg

thomashollisbz9.jpg

p1_hollis.jpg

I think thats the first good trade idea I've heard on these boards. I wouldn't be surprised if it was for a CB, and we all know who is available. I'm not saying that's the position I would target, but I could see it playing out like that.

I'm with you in principal, but if Revis' contract demands are anywhere near the reports, I'd rather just go after Asomugha in FA.

This is exactly what I thought about when Sean Payton said he was going to treat this like '06. Bring in as much competition as economically possible. Best player plays.

This is exactly what I thought about when Sean Payton said he was going to treat this like '06. Bring in as much competition as economically possible. Best player plays.

Actually when I heard him say that I thought it pertained to his coaching style the first season.

Running them hard in the heat of training camp, weeding out the players that don't want to be here, and grabbing the player on the sideline by the jersey and chewing some azz as they come off the field. Remember those days?

Those are called "B.C." days........ Before Championship. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom