Do we package our later round picks(5, two 6s, and two 7s) to get into the 3rd round? (1 Viewer)

Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th not all that long ago. There's no mathematical certainty to finding a stud higher up the rounds, not is there such a certainty that later round players can't be studs. Probability does that to you.
Let's not forget character concerns around talented players that fall. Brown was one of them.

This is very valid argument, but it doesn't fit in Payton drafting consistency as he shy away from drama characters

Of my list above these are some of the guys that would be available with our picks after #202 in rd 6:​
Mack​
Parham​
Thomas​
Cashman​
Butler​
Custis​
Summers​
Ozigbo​
EJiya​
Takataki​
Parham is a 6'8 monster Te with 36" arms and a 36" vertical that was turning heads at the Sr bowl.​

The saints reportedly love Cashman at LB (4.50 40) and Ty Summers is just as nasty and athletic.​
Custis looks like a Colston like steal.​
Dereck Thomas is a 6'3 press corner with Malcolm Jenkins 35" arms but faster (4.45 40).​
Mack might already be more talented than any Te on the roster.​
Ozigbo is 6'2 235lb rb with a flair for the big play.​
Ejiya is a tackle machine​
As is Sione Takitaki​

Last edited:
These are those 6th-7th rd linebackers for example.

All of these guys are physical and run 4.6 40 or better just like Demario Davis and Anzalone.

Last edited:
Yaasssss... Give me more obscure late round talent
:D im actually late to the party this year.

I found most of those this week as I have been busy all year.

I'll post a few more

Last edited:
If it were me I would keep all of the picks and Double-Dip at TE.

Something like this:

2---#62---------John Cominski DT/DE

5----#168------Foster Moreau TE

5---#177-------Dereck Thomas CB

6---#202-------Jamal Custis WR

6---#231-------Donald Parham TE

7----#244------Sione Takitaki OLB

If they Sign Jared Cook then I think that they can likely package a pick from this year and next year to move up from 5 to get Andy Isabella in round 3.

Perhaps instead package #168 and #202 and next yr's 2nd to move up. Then it would look like this:

2---#62---------John Cominski DT/DE

3---(trade#???)------Andy Isabella wr

5---#177-------Dereck Thomas CB

6---#202-------(traded for Isabella)

6---#231-------Donald Parham TE

7----#244------Sione Takitaki OLB

I think that Isabella and Cominsky will both be future pro bowlers. It would be great if they could find a way to snag them both.

According to the draft calculator... If you packaged all of our late round picks (all our picks except our 2nd rounder), the equivalent would be a late 3rd round pick. No team is going to trade a 3rd rounder for 5 crap picks. Yes you "can" find gems in those late rounds, but those are the exceptions.

Just to take it a step further, if we traded ALL our picks including the 2nd rounder... we would only be able to move up 6 picks higher in the 2nd round. That's not a likely scenario either.

The only way we move into this year's first round is to trade this year's 2nd, next year's 1st and 2nd, and likely the next year's 1st. That' 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks to move up into the very late 1st round. Not gonna happen.
I used the calculator and got the equivalent of a mid fourth round pick, #116, held by the Dolphins. I don't think it's worth much more than that.

Moreau is ranked 179 currently on CBS.

These are our picks

2---#62
5----#168
5---#177
6---#202
6---#231
7----#244

No need to trade up.

He shoud fall into our laps because he is largely unknown like Kittle was due to lack of college production. He is relatively unknown at this point.
A fair enough point. But I don't buy into that low of a ranking. I've seen some places put him in the 110s.

I used the calculator and got the equivalent of a mid fourth round pick, #116, held by the Dolphins. I don't think it's worth much more than that.

It was mid-to-late 4th. I was typing from memory. It was about a week ago I had went and looked it up.

In all honesty... We don't need those later round picks.

If 2017 draft taught us anything. It's imperative to draft in the top 100. Anything outside of it is cannon fooder. We do need a top flight contributer and Oline.

I like to make discussions on tough hypothetical situations. This seems a solid one on the apparent need at center and drafting another solid player that can contribute.

We have a lot of junk picks and we haven't kept a 5th round or higher in a long time.

I don't think that is enough value to get into the third round.

Mid-fourth would be your best bet.

(looks like I was late to the party)

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep mentioning Moreau when SP hates LSU? If he didn't hate LSU why did he sign a center today when Will Clapp was ready to take over for Unger?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom