Do we put Lattimore on Kittle? (2 Viewers)

How would you defend Kittle

• Lattimore

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Like a straight up TE (with linebackers and safeties)

Votes: 94 67.1%
  • Apple with safety help

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 15 10.7%

• Total voters
Kittle is much tougher then Graham. You won’t take him out the same way you take out Graham.

when NE put a 180 lb CB on Graham and stopped him, Kittle would have put his hand thru Talib’s chest and destroyed his life. Graham don’t have that skillset

You're right David, unfortunately. I still think we need to at least match Kittle's physicality and see where it goes. How do you think the Saints will cover Kittle?

Kittle is going to be a tough cover. The NFC South have some pretty good TEs and we have struggled this season. Not having Thor for these type of matchups hurt. He’s normally our answer for these passing catching TEs.

Kittle is a monster but what about that Emmanuel Sanders dude?

He's been injured but the games I've seen him play ... he's extremely dangerous.

I don't want to see a SF TE run wild on the Saints. Somebody cover him, no matter how many it takes. I can't have that nightmare come back to haunt me again.

CJGJ is probably the best option, maybe Bell right at the line of scrimmage to deliver the first bump, then release him to CJGJ. Bell, can then peel off for run support or can take the RB out of the backfield or bulldog/spy the QB. You get pressure on their QB, he will fold.

Last edited:
You're right David, unfortunately. I still think we need to at least match Kittle's physicality and see where it goes. How do you think the Saints will cover Kittle?

1st, who knows what will work until they do it but my initial thoughts are that you cover him with either Bell or Davis and bracket coverage with a safety.

I feel like Kittle’s strength and size will nullify Lattimor’s quickness and now you break even on Kittle and lose Latt on the corner.

I’d be interested in seeing it a little and see how it works but have alternatives if Lattimore can’t body up, and I don’t think he can.

Last edited:
Nah He’ll kill us dude is on one but I would have him seeing a lot of PJ Williams ! Like we did vs the Vikings in tht 2018 playoff game

Kittle will eat PJ up.

Bell would be the guy but he has struggled againts aggressive TE’s. He has given up two long TDs.

1st, who knows what will work until they do it but my initial thoughts are that you cover him with either Bell or Davis and bracket coverage with a safety.

I feel like Kittle’s strength and size will nullify Lattimor’s quickness and now you break even on Kittle and lose Latt on the corner.

I’d be interested in seeing it a little and see how it works but have alternatives if Lattimore can’t body up, and I don’t think he can.

I'm thinking Davis with bracket coverage also. I hope I get the 49ers @ Ravens coverage. I'm real interested to watch how the Ravens cover him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom