Question Do we think Sean Payton was holding us back? (25 Viewers)

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lets win some games with this new HC and roster before we diminish the winningest coach in Saints history. Also some might want to revisit some of the players Payton has drafted into the game including JG, AK, MT, Ram, Terron, Nicks, Evans, Colston just to name a few.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude this is NOT the first impressive off-season the Saints have had.

I will point out the last couple off-seasons Payton seemed to favor the defense more and cut corners on offense but I think that's only because he is a offensive coach and believed he could get the most out of lower tier players.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saints 318

Saints 318

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude this is NOT the first impressive off-season the Saints have had.

I will point out the last couple off-season Payton seemed to favor the defense more and cut corners on offense but I think that's only because he is a offensive coach and believed he could get the most out of low tier players.
yeah im seeing a lot of people on social bashing him for saying " I like our WR room"

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton let the defense have so many top draft picks to get us where we are. Also, Dennis Allen became a top coordinator under Payton. Payton helped develop Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara and many others. It’s only without Drew Brees that you absolutely need more talent at wide receiver and it’s been one season without him.

Did Payton have his blind spots and perhaps stubbornness? Sure but to say he held us back is just inaccurate.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
By all means, demonstrate how having one of the most creative, universally praised offensive minds running the offense was holding back the team. Go ahead.

I swear, some of you just don't understand how good he was for the team.
By all means, tell us how that creative, universally praised offensive mind did NOT neglect building our offense towards the end of his career?

I swear, some of you think that every person that has wore Black and Gold should be free from criticism

Reaction score
By all means, tell us how that creative, universally praised offensive mind did NOT neglect building our offense towards the end of his career?

I swear, some of you think that every person that has wore Black and Gold should be free from criticism

Yeah, he absolutely planned for all of those starters to get injured...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom