Question Do we think Sean Payton was holding us back? (1 Viewer)

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Prisoners of the moment. They like the way the off-season is going so by comparison they have to take away from someone to justify their approval. Payton is the new M. Williams or Trautman.
I agree but we can't get caught up in the offseason, that's what makes the question sad. DA is unproven as an HC, Winston still needs to do it for a whole season, and we don't know how the team will respond if we go through a tough patch. Keeping a team in the hunt for 15 years is something most coaches cannot do. Many of us were disappointed by how our seasons ended Drew's last few years but I'm not sure what else he could have done.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Im just happy N.O saw/acknowledged a huge problem and solved it resoundingly. Not going to blame Payton

OneBigEasy!!

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Got to disagree with you on unrealistic expectations. With HOF Drew Brees we should have more than one Championship. Loved the early Sean Payton that was hungry and grounded.
DTC. Lol to you. So winning the Super Bowl is unrealistic expectations??? 2009 was eleven Years ago bruh!!!

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree but we can't get caught up in the offseason, that's what makes the question sad. DA is unproven as an HC, Winston still needs to do it for a whole season, and we don't know how the team will respond if we go through a tough patch. Keeping a team in the hunt for 15 years is something most coaches cannot do. Many of us were disappointed by how our seasons ended Drew's last few years but I'm not sure what else he could have done.
It probably safe to say this years roster is better than than the 18-20 ones.

I also think the offense will be better under Winston

Brees did the best with what he had.

OneBigEasy!!

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Held us back in some areas while making us the winningest franchise over the past 5 seasons with an aging QB who missed 5 games per season, salary cap hell and still 2 odd losses away from Superbowl 2 and 3.

My wife is 53 years old. When she was in her 20s she was as hot as hot ever gets. Your complaint against Payton is akin to me at 54 and chubby with grey hair complaining that she doesn't look as good in a thong as she did 25 years ago.

Only a seriously warped perspective could side with your argument.

Hold us back?

He raised us and our region up.
Comparing your wife on a superficial level with coaching is a huge reach and I’m being generous with you.

Reaction score
Public School Pride in Jefferson Parish
Oh...that's High SOciety over there in JP...I heard y'all books still had the hardback covers on 'em. We had Cardboard scotch-taped to the pages because the original covers tore off...then they had the damn nerve to make us put paper bag book covers on em.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Comparing your wife on a superficial level with coaching is a huge reach and I’m being generous with you.

I compared judging a woman's figure 30 years past 25 to his opinion about the 2nd best coach in the NFL over the past 20 years.

Your evaluation, however, is lacking and I'm not being generous with you.

OneBigEasy!!

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
DTC, Clown all u want. Does your wife know that you post this sort of stuff about her on the internet?

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
DTC, Clown all u want. Does your wife know that you post this sort of stuff about her on the internet?

I didn't post anything I wouldn't say in front of her.

Does your wife hold reading comprehension problems against you or would you like me to type more slowly?

OneBigEasy!!

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't post anything I wouldn't say in front of her.

Does your wife hold reading comprehension problems against you or would you like me to type more slowly?
Wife in a thong? I’m sure all the ladies that are avid posters on Saints Report enjoyed that comment? You should definitely type more slowly and think more carefully before you post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom