Question Do we think Sean Payton was holding us back? (2 Viewers)

Comparing your wife on a superficial level with coaching is a huge reach and I’m being generous with you.

I compared judging a woman's figure 30 years past 25 to his opinion about the 2nd best coach in the NFL over the past 20 years.

Your evaluation, however, is lacking and I'm not being generous with you.

Comparing your wife on a superficial level with coaching is a huge reach and I’m being generous with you.
DTC, Clown all u want. Does your wife know that you post this sort of stuff about her on the internet?

DTC, Clown all u want. Does your wife know that you post this sort of stuff about her on the internet?

I didn't post anything I wouldn't say in front of her.

Does your wife hold reading comprehension problems against you or would you like me to type more slowly?

I didn't post anything I wouldn't say in front of her.

Does your wife hold reading comprehension problems against you or would you like me to type more slowly?
Wife in a thong? I’m sure all the ladies that are avid posters on Saints Report enjoyed that comment? You should definitely type more slowly and think more carefully before you post.

I’m with DTC on this one (thong and all). Sean took a down trodden team, raised them and the region to a level where if we didn’t have success (a playoff season) it was considered a failure. And to keep the wolves at bay he gave us 9 playoff seasons over 15 years. That’s not easy no matter who your quarterback is.

And to complain that he only gave us One Super Bowl? Come on folks, how forked up are you. You know how many teams don’t even have that many (two in our conference can tell you it ain’t easy).

To think that he held the team back is a reach. Perhaps I am getting old, but New Saints/Saints Twitter is raggedy.

Would we have signed these players if he was still the coach? Im seeing a lot of people on twitter sayin, he made have been holding us back.
I think so bro.. Him and Brees time been up. We were ready to be great again. Thx for him bringing the gold to the city but its been time.. You was right with the post bro...

I like SP.

But over the years their comes so many times where you question him, so many times he gets out coached by an inferior coach. I am not saying Dennis Allen is going to tear it up, but I watch other teams and then I watch the Saints, its like how come Sean Payton cant do much with the offensive talent he has but other coaches with lesser offensive talent can? Shannahan in San Fran for example, or Titans under Vrabel, heck even Cowboys under McCarthy with freaking Prescott is better than anything Payton was putting together after Winston went down.

I hate to say it, but I think we going to eventually find out that Sean Payton is nothing much without Drew Brees, and maybe in due time we may end finding out he is not as responsible for drafting players like we thought, and it was the FO.

I think in order for DA to get out of the Payton shadow he had to make a splash. If you think about general fan excitement and look at the heartbreak year after year the past few years then add losing Drew. To develop excitement and improve this roster we targeted a franchise type QB. Failed at it and became a blessing. The direct result is the ability to add talent with free agency dollars and use assets(draft capital), which would have been traded away, to improve the roster.
Dennis Allen could not have come in here and just rolled out with the same roster from last year hoping Jameis leads the team to 9 wins or more and possibly using our pick 19 on whatever QB was available and expecting the fanbase to genuinely be happy. That's why he targeted the splash trade, then the exciting draft, and the big name free agent signings. Also local guys whom the fanbase already loved. It's about starting new but in an exciting way.
When Payton arrived what happened? We target a QB, we made a big time draft pick, we signed some guys and all that resulted in the Lombardi. Its a Blueprint that Allen almost seems to be following. We can come down on Payton and hold him accountable for the team not exceeding our expectations the past few years, but he gave us excitement and a winning culture and believed in Brees' ability to get us there. I'm not mad at him. But we did go all in 2-3 years ago and pursued big names. Unfortunately the cards just didn't fall into place. Allen is bringing some freshness and excitement and I believe the expectations won't change.

Lastly, the only thing Payton held us back from was mediocrity and bottom feeding and maybe LSU guys lol

Would we have signed these players if he was still the coach? Im seeing a lot of people on twitter sayin, he made have been holding us back.
We broke a damn nfl record with injuries to starters. To achieve a record of 9-8 with the bs we went through is a indictment of our coaching staff and only a idiot would think otherwise. Spoiled fan base

Payton is an incredible coach.

Maybe he underestimated the importance of talented WRs (or overestimated the talent of the ones we have). But saying that “held us back” is a real stretch.

By all means, tell us how that creative, universally praised offensive mind did NOT neglect building our offense towards the end of his career?

I swear, some of you think that every person that has wore Black and Gold should be free from criticism
He messed up on WRs.

He did soooo much else right. He’s not perfect. But Belichick neglected the WR position far worse than SP did (to the point he ran Brady out of town).

Over 30 teams in the NFL would be thrilled to have SP as their coach. Including us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom