Question Do we think Sean Payton was holding us back? (2 Viewers)

I don't think it is unreasonable to say he has been holding us back in recent years. We know at the end of last season he told us that he no longer has the fire in his belly for the game. Who knows how long that has actually been true. We have seen some positions like wide receiver go unadressed for some time now.

Payton had his flaws, but throwing this kind of shade might drive his desire to come back, possibly even to a division opponent one day.

Seriously? I don't think he cares that much what people think, if he wants to coach again one day he will, if he doesn't, he won't.....

Seriously? I don't think he cares that much what people think, if he wants to coach again one day he will, if he doesn't, he won't.....

After observing the guy on the sidelines and during countless interviews over the years, he seems like the type that would care that people are pointlessly trying to pee on him after he's gone. He just recently gave a long farewell interview, with much emphasis on leaving a place better than you found it. And now, he's probably seeing the many ignorant opinions on Twitter that he hindered the Saints. How much thought he gives it all, I really don't know. I'm just saying, I could see it leaving him with a little salty aftertaste. Understandably so, if so.

I know it's hard to keep up, but this thread is about CSP holding the Saints back.

You're trying to say Brady playing better and without getting hurt and missing games is Sean's fault. You're also seemingly trying to argue that because CSP won one superbowl and Bellicheck 3 that CSP was holding us back.

Both are terrible arguments.
Lol. Your attempt as sarcasm is as weak as your level to comprehend.

I keep up fine

1. My first response to cash1234
There were plenty of “fans” that thought Brees was holding the team back his last 2 or 3 seasons. The Payton and Brees era spawned a whole generation of spoiled fans with totally unrealistic expectations
Got to disagree with you on unrealistic expectations. With HOF Drew Brees we should have more than one Championship. Loved the early Sean Payton that was hungry and grounded.

That was my response.

Let me spoon feed it to you. The response is to the notion that anyone that has expectations of more than one Super Bowl title is a spoiled fan with a QB like Brees around for many years is weak. Where do I mention that Payton held us back???

2. This is your post is it not?..

This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Held us back in some areas while making us the winningest franchise over the past 5 seasons with an aging QB who missed 5 games per season, salary cap hell and still 2 odd losses away from Superbowl 2 and 3.

My wife is 53 years old. When she was in her 20s she was as hot as hot ever gets. Your complaint against Payton is akin to me at 54 and chubby with grey hair complaining that she doesn't look as good in a thong as she did 25 years ago.

Only a seriously warped perspective could side with your argument.

According to you, your wife doesn’t seem to care about how you objectify her yet you lack the self awareness to realize how that’s offensive to women.

3. This is your post is it not?

Vaccume?

I don't know what you're trying to say.

We won and won just fine without Brady and despite injuries. to argue that we'd have on the Superbowl with Brady instead of Brees is silly. Brees new every wrinkle of every play and situation and the likelihood of injury is the same for both.
you brought it up so I responded

Yet Brady outplayed Brees when it really counted. I’m sure you will want to rely on the Cooks fumble to support your claim further but when it mattered most Brady kept the chains moving and we couldn’t get him off the field on third down.

To sum it up I keep up fine with this thread.

After observing the guy on the sidelines and during countless interviews over the years, he seems like the type that would care that people are pointlessly trying to pee on him after he's gone. He just recently gave a long farewell interview, with much emphasis on leaving a place better than you found it. And now, he's probably seeing the many ignorant opinions on Twitter that he hindered the Saints. How much thought he gives it all, I really don't know. I'm just saying, I could see it leaving him with a little salty aftertaste. Understandably so, if so.
He’s a fierce competitor, definitely cares. Legacy matters to Sean.

Sean doesn't care about Twitter... because all there is on Twitter is ignorant responses...I can't think of a single piece of truly useful information that I've receivedfrom Twitter

Lol. Your attempt as sarcasm is as weak as your level to comprehend.

I keep up fine

1. My first response to cash1234

Got to disagree with you on unrealistic expectations. With HOF Drew Brees we should have more than one Championship. Loved the early Sean Payton that was hungry and grounded.

That was my response.

Let me spoon feed it to you. The response is to the notion that anyone that has expectations of more than one Super Bowl title is a spoiled fan with a QB like Brees around for many years is weak. Where do I mention that Payton held us back???

2. This is your post is it not?..

This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Held us back in some areas while making us the winningest franchise over the past 5 seasons with an aging QB who missed 5 games per season, salary cap hell and still 2 odd losses away from Superbowl 2 and 3.

My wife is 53 years old. When she was in her 20s she was as hot as hot ever gets. Your complaint against Payton is akin to me at 54 and chubby with grey hair complaining that she doesn't look as good in a thong as she did 25 years ago.

Only a seriously warped perspective could side with your argument.

According to you, your wife doesn’t seem to care about how you objectify her yet you lack the self awareness to realize how that’s offensive to women.

3. This is your post is it not?

you brought it up so I responded

Yet Brady outplayed Brees when it really counted. I’m sure you will want to rely on the Cooks fumble to support your claim further but when it mattered most Brady kept the chains moving and we couldn’t get him off the field on third down.

To sum it up I keep up fine with this thread.

To sum it up, my conversation with you has been like clapping with one hand.

Would we have signed these players if he was still the coach? Im seeing a lot of people on twitter sayin, he made have been holding us back.
Sean Payton is the reason the Saints got there. Try not to overthink things like the Twitter Warriors.

Might get voted down but Drew is what made SP not the other way around. Once his golden goose was gone, SP bailed. SP made some really bad decisions cutting players over and over and accumulated dead money that hurt the Saints. It was made apparent towards the end.

Might get voted down but Drew is what made SP not the other way around. Once his golden goose was gone, SP bailed. SP made some really bad decisions cutting players over and over and accumulated dead money that hurt the Saints. It was made apparent towards the end.
I disagree...I think it was mostly a symbiotic relationship, with a slight nudge to Sean making Drew, neither would've been what they are without the other.

I disagree...I think it was mostly a symbiotic relationship, with a slight nudge to Sean making Drew, neither would've been what they are without the other.
They were both great. Both benefited from the other. Both performed well in absence of one another. It should just be left at that.

We almost limped to the playoffs last year with a depleted team, so SP is not a bad coach at all.

Still, his offense was outdated for about 3 years and he didn't seem to have any desire to reinvent it like he has done so many times before. Forcing Jameis to run QB like a 41 year old DB was proof of that. There was just so little creativity in his playcalling or scheming, even taking into consideration how bad the playmakers available were.

It looked like someone who has been playing Madden for 7 hours straight and is just bored.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom