Do what the packers did...... (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong ..... I hate the PACKERS as much as everyone over here ..... But I want to reflect on their strategy in 2009 when DOM CAPERS arrived in GREEN BAY and they switched to 3-4 ...... They drafted B J RAJI with their first pick and then traded back in the 1st round to get CLAY MATTHEWS ....we traded up a couple of years ago to get INGRAM ...... that move hasnt done much for our team yet ..... IVORY, SPROLES and THOMAS have run the ball better than INGRAM ...... But this time we should consider trading up get a guy like OKAFOR in case we do get a NT with the no. 15 pick ......

What do we have to trade up with?
Personally, I'm tired of us giving up/losing draft picks. We're already missing our 2nd rounder.

so is this thread about drafting D or you hating the trade for Ingram?

I am not hating on INGRAM trade up ..... But we might need a trade up this year for a defensive player more than we needed back in 2011 .....

FTFY: Removed fluff and cleaned up the formatting:
I would like to reflect on the drafting strategy implemented by Green Bay back in 2009 when Dom Capers (Defensive Coordinator) switched their defense to 3-4. They drafted BJ Raji (Defensive Linemen) with their first pick and then traded back in the 1st round to get Clay Matthews (Outside Linebacker). We should consider copying this strategy by trading up to snag a guy like Okafor while picking a linemen with the 15th pick.

Also, the Packers drafted two tackles in the fourth and fifth round of this draft; with no picks in the second or third.

FTFY: Removed fluff and cleaned up the formatting:

Also, the Packers drafted two tackles in the fourth and fifth round of this draft; with no picks in the second or third.

I honestly had no idea that someone has already posted this before ....

Even after that draft for the Packers, their D didn't look any better than ours. They got good players, but not a good D.

Lets just make a defense like the 49ers. Out defense looks like a bunch of castrati running around.

Trade next years first and second to trade up and get star, then at 15 take mingo or ziggy, cool

Dont get me wrong ..... I hate the PACKERS as much as everyone over here ..... But I want to reflect on their strategy in 2009 when DOM CAPERS arrived in GREEN BAY and they switched to 3-4 ...... They drafted B J RAJI with their first pick and then traded back in the 1st round to get CLAY MATTHEWS ....we traded up a couple of years ago to get INGRAM ...... that move hasnt done much for our team yet ..... IVORY, SPROLES and THOMAS have run the ball better than INGRAM ...... But this time we should consider trading up get a guy like OKAFOR in case we do get a NT with the no. 15 pick ......

Ingram was clearly our best back last year.. what re you talking about?

How about if there is not a great value in that pick for the Saints, trade down, grab some additional picks for depth or to stockpile and try to get the guys they want or need in rounds 3-6 where they have generally found a great desk of success?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom