Do y'all agree with this take on Ceedy? (1 Viewer)

Why did this get bumped. At end of day it was some twitter guy throwing spitballs and hoping one would stick.

Interesting this early August thread was mostly 'why would we do something wild like trade CGJ'...and the post-trade thread was mostly 'CGJ has a major attitude it was time for him to go he was a cancer'.

:munch:
To be fair, we didn’t know at the time that he was being difficult. We liked his abrasive style on-field because it set a tone and worked in our favor. But we weren’t aware of how his contract negotiations were go8ng and that he supposedly wasn’t even talking to his coaches.

I think he is right. We probably will not get great compensation for him either. He's a great talent and a nice fit in DA's scheme but he is going to want starting FS money and we can't afford that. Given his raw nature and how he plays with an attitude, I fear contract negotiations could break down and he may become a locker room distraction. The Eagles defensive backfield is horrible. We have traded with them in the past. We should see if we can trade him to them.
Wow. That was spot on. I'm really shocked though N.O traded with a team they might play again in the postseason.

Wow. That was spot on. I'm really shocked though N.O traded with a team they might play again in the postseason.
I’m with you. Trading him wasn’t shocking at all. I got belittled for suggesting that it wasn’t a bad idea to trade him. What I didn’t anticipate is trading him to one of the best teams in our conference. That’s really the only part that is surprising to me.

Interesting this early August thread was mostly 'why would we do something wild like trade CGJ'...and the post-trade thread was mostly 'CGJ has a major attitude it was time for him to go he was a cancer'.

:munch:

Honestly not sure what the point of your post is...

Nobody wanted to trade Ceedy then and nobody would trade him now IF it weren't for his reported attitude with the coaching staff.

Not sure why that's difficult to understand...

I’m with you. Trading him wasn’t shocking at all. I got belittled for suggesting that it wasn’t a bad idea to trade him. What I didn’t anticipate is trading him to one of the best teams in our conference. That’s really the only part that is surprising to me.
could also be that alot of teams didnt want that type of stuff on their team as well. im sure any team that wanted him outside the NFC south couldve have offered more than the eagles, and the saints would have taken it, especially from the AFC. but they didnt..

Nobody wanted to trade Ceedy then and nobody would trade him now IF it weren't for his reported attitude with the coaching staff.

Agreed. I’m was like a question and answer.

Q: “Why would we ever trade CGJ?”

A: “His attitude

could also be that alot of teams didnt want that type of stuff on their team as well. im sure any team that wanted him outside the NFC south couldve have offered more than the eagles, and the saints would have taken it, especially from the AFC. but they didnt..
Lol maybe the Saints wanted to spread the cancer within their locker room. 4D chess

Agreed. Based on wat I know, it was a disappointing n unfortunate situation! 😞

Ceedy has been such a good player for us! But I think his attitude went from a “distraction” to potential “conduct detrimental to the team”. IMO, it’s one of those things Dennis Allen could not afford n would not tolerate in his first season as Saints HC. So I think after consulting with his coaches, DA made da tough call n decided to move on from him.

Like most cases, I don't know the player personally. I have to judge on how they conduct themselves, present on social media, interviews etc. Once you take into account the fight with MT and what must be a very high level of sociopathic skill to get the reactions he gets on the field from those across from him, I must conclude there is a risk/reward with him. He gets results as a player but there are red flags.

Have to assume the risk reward balance has changed with contract in balance and behaviors we don't see.

Not uncommon.

Like most cases, I don't know the player personally. I have to judge on how they conduct themselves, present on social media, interviews etc. Once you take into account the fight with MT and what must be a very high level of sociopathic skill to get the reactions he gets on the field from those across from him, I must conclude there is a risk/reward with him. He gets results as a player but there are red flags.

Have to assume the risk reward balance has changed with contract in balance and behaviors we don't see.

Not uncommon.
Why does everyone bring up the fight with GCM when both were going at it and the general consensus was MT was in the wrong?

Why does everyone bring up the fight with GCM when both were going at it and the general consensus was MT was in the wrong?
But, CJGJ blew the interviews w/ 32 teams and was bit of a "falling knife" before he was drafted by us in the 4th Rd. So, we kind of knew what we were getting, and he didn't disappoint on the field. I just didn't like the way he went about getting out of New Orleans without saying he wanted out of New Orleans. It was a very smart move on his part though. He could have been a boy scout/alterboy and the Saints would have still have low balled him, or let him move on.

The Saints have never over paid or given a 2nd contract to retain a safety in the Payton era. CJGJ and his agent knew this. CJGJ wanted out of New Orleans, and we wanted good compensation before his antics drove the price down. This nothing more than playing hard ball with a team and player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom