Do y'all agree with this take on Ceedy? (1 Viewer)

Ridiculous take. He's the most important player on Defense that we need to extend immediately. You will not replace him.

Letting him go will be Malcolm Jenkins all over again. Trying to replace Malcolm led to the Jairus Byrd contract and SR having the running joke of, "Can he play Safety?" Ceedy is way too important to trade him.

No. That guy is a nobody. There's an argument for Chauncey being our most important player on defense in terms of allowing us to thrive the way that we do schematically.
Ceedy is like our Draymond Green. Tenacious, nasty and gets in the mind of opposing players. He is the player that gives the Saints defense an Edge to it. Like Draymond he might not have a stat line that stands out but you sure can tell the Saints are a different team defensively when he is not playing.

Before Ceedy came the Saints defense was good but not menacing. Now opposing offensive players get clearly frustrated.

Last edited:
I'm going to start this by saying I love Ceedy. I love his energy! I love his fire! I love the way he talks sheet like a just swatted your shot and then dunked on you on the other end every time he makes a play. That being said, I think Alontae Taylor can play his role (in a different style). I think you guys will come to that conclusion as well.. The question is what are we going to get for a great nickel in the last year of his contract? ? I don't think much tbh. If we could really clean up on picks I'd say go for it. We have PJ and Taylor and Roby that can all play nickel. I don't believe this to be the case though.

So the logic is based on the premise that 1. Ceedy is going to turn into another JG and 2. Alontae Taylor (a rookie) will turn into the player that Ceedy is right now.

I mean, the first reason is downright insulting considering how Gallette ended his career here. Why does he think CGJ has JG "vibes" This logic just screams stirring the pot for no reason. And I'm excited for Taylor but he is nowhere near what CGJ is now, and to make that assumption before the guy has played a down of competitive ball is..again..stirring the pot.

Who is this this Juge wiggler? He seems to be just looking for attention, as another poster noted. What another waste of Twitter space with this nonensense.

Whats not being mentioned is how much does Gardner Johnson expect in compensation versus how flexible he is . Right now he is the slot cb. How much will the market bear for a slot cb? What are the current comps for a slot cb? Does anybody know? What does he see his future as? Is he willing to play free safety or strong safety as backup or switch over after Maye or Matthieu leaves. Resigning him or trading him is superfluous until these questions are resolved. On the other hand, is he willing to go back to full time practice without an extension or this going to continue into the regular season?

If you scroll into the comment sections of the tweet, Andrew mentions that Ceedy gives off Junior Gallette vibes. I understand the concern, but that could rise up with any player IMO.

Yeah, maybe 1 out of 100 Saints fans would agree to this. Imagine him getting sent to another NFC South team and having to face him twice a year. LOL. Now THAT would be hell.

Why argue? If you don’t understand what I’m alluding to then there is nothing that I can say to change your mind. So why bother on a Sunday?
Well, you made the point, on a Sunday. I’m simply asking for clarification. If you don’t have the stones to explain yourself, why even type it? On a Sunday. Also, who’s arguing? I thought the discourse was rather civil.

Whats not being mentioned is how much does Gardner Johnson expect in compensation versus how flexible he is . Right now he is the slot cb. How much will the market bear for a slot cb? What are the current comps for a slot cb? Does anybody know? What does he see his future as? Is he willing to play free safety or strong safety as backup or switch over after Maye or Matthieu leaves. Resigning him or trading him is superfluous until these questions are resolved. On the other hand, is he willing to go back to full time practice without an extension or this going to continue into the regular season?
Well, to be fair, he's not "just a slot corner." He's a rover/joker in the secondary who can play in multiple schemes and formations and is both stout against the run or the pass.

I would (guess) the market value is not quite has high as a lock-down corner, but not as low as a high-end slot corner.

My guess would be that he wants something similar to Mathieu's deal, but maybe more and more longer-term.

I think that CGM’s personality delayed his care. I’m glad he’s back but he’s lost two years of what could have been a HOF career. It’s relevant because as much I love Ceedy the player, I’m not sure I love big money Ceedy if we have a low priced guy who might be just as good.
On the bright side, that’s two years of no wear and tear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom