Do y'all agree with this take on Ceedy? (1 Viewer)

So I don’t know his medical…but you do? Lol. Why do you think he got two surgeries?
Obviously you think it was just to piss you off. Just because MTs injury and treatment history did not fit with your expert opinion on how simple and fast it should have been means very little.

Human physiology is very complex, no two injuries or bodies are exactly same. Regardless of what your flow chart says.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out! Ceedy clearly is a integral part of the Saints defense and arguably, next to Jordan and Davis, the catalyst that brings great effort for this outstanding group of players. For me it will boil down to what is Ceedy expecting in terms of a contract and if he wants to 'break the bank' then I don't think Mickey Loomis will bite. The good news is we have some great talent who could fill the athletic role he plays, but I am not sure we have anyone who can provide the 'juice' for the defense like Ceedy can! Hopefully his 'hold-in' can be resolved so that we don't have a disgruntled player on an otherwise cohesive group of players. Please lets hope this is resolved soon.

But signing these personalities

What personalities? Are there a set of traits that you see in players you don't think are good for the organization? You've been banging this drum pretty loud. If you won't show medical evidence of your hot takes on CGM, at least explain your concerns with "these personalities." Can you provide some specifics, here?

Show me the last 2 year high ankle sprain. I’ll be patiently waiting since you seem to know so much about sports Med.

I’m over the CGM situation…he’s back, and that’s great. But signing these personalities has not aged well on numerous occasions now. That’s what’s relevant to me.
I know just as much about MTs personal medical history as you. Get over yourself.

Let’s just be happy the man is recovered and looking like his old self instead of pretending like we have special knowledge that indicates he hates the Saints and what? Intentionally chose to screw the team and make up his own treatment plan?

SMH

I know just as much about MTs personal medical history as you. Get over yourself.

Let’s just be happy the man is recovered and looking like his old self instead of pretending like we have special knowledge that indicates he hates the Saints and what? Intentionally chose to screw the team and make up his own treatment plan?

SMH

No fan knows how/what/when exactly happened, but it was widely reported that the 2nd injury was much worse than just the sprain. This narrative that it was a 2-year high ankle sprain is utterly false. The two injuries were related, but not the same. One doesn't have to be a medical doctor to know that having surgery is far more serious than a freakin' sprain.

There was a lot of bad blood between the organization and MT because of the misunderstandings.

Here's my take: the team's health was a disaster last year, and I think there was a reason all (or most) of the medical staff was fired when DA came in.

But I guess it's just easier to assume a guy is sandbagging it because he's got a huge contract.

Last edited:
Why argue? If you don’t understand what I’m alluding to then there is nothing that I can say to change your mind. So why bother on a Sunday?
If you can't spell out your argument, so we can at lteast attempt to understand it, then don't even bring it up. You brought it up. Its your responsability to make your points. Its not our responsability to understand what you're "alluding" to.

That’s in the past. But what’s in the future is CGJ’s contract, and so far we have given two big contracts to personality red flags.
You want to "forget about the past," but it seems you're holding the "past" against MT. And I think what everyone wants to know (at least I do) is what exactly you mean by "red flags" regarding the personalities of MT and CGJ; it would be useful to get some meat on the bone by what exactly you mean here.

Maybe if you fleshed this point out a bit, your concern would be better understood.

You need to get over yourself. WHEN DID I EVER SAY I WAS UNHAPPY THAT CGM WAS BACK? He’s essential to our teams success and his absence was absolutely crushing last year. It was the difference between the playoffs and not for us this year. So of course I’m happy he’s back. But if you don’t at least see the concern of CGJ’s personality…frankly, you’re a fool. Not you in particular…but EVERYONE who has their head so covered in sand. There absolutely is risk…the red flags are very clear. I love him on a cheap contract, but I do have significant concerns about a max contract on his personality with a 2nd rounder on the bench who may be just as good.
I don’t need to “get over myself,” because I am not the one inferring I know more than others about his injury and recovery process.

And just because I don’t agree with you about MT having some sort of “personality “ problem that doesn’t make me a fool. SMH.

You are the one disparaging MT’s “personality” and assigning him ill intent because he’s what? He’s not the kind of cat you like to roll with? He is too spicy with his social media takes?

Maybe you should just get over yourself?

And for the record MT and Ceedy are not malcontents or roguish like Gallette. They are both high intensity guys that play with chips on their shoulders and are not afraid to tell you about it on the field or on social media because they back it up.

Ridiculous take. He's the most important player on Defense that we need to extend immediately. You will not replace him.

Letting him go will be Malcolm Jenkins all over again. Trying to replace Malcolm led to the Jairus Byrd contract and SR having the running joke of, "Can he play Safety?" Ceedy is way too important to trade him.
He's not the most important player on defense.

Trying to replace Malcolm led to the Jairus Byrd contract and SR having the running joke of, "Can he play Safety?" Ceedy is way too important to trade him.
"Can he play safety" goes back way farther than that. Josh Bullocks was probably the player who brought the phrase into the limelight

Why argue? If you don’t understand what I’m alluding to then there is nothing that I can say to change your mind. So why bother on a Sunday?

Because red flags would have been something before the contract, but you were talking about MT after he got the big money.

Are we supposed to have seen those red flags waving 2 years before the injury?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom