Do y'all agree with this take on Ceedy? (1 Viewer)

You need to get over yourself. WHEN DID I EVER SAY I WAS UNHAPPY THAT CGM WAS BACK? He’s essential to our teams success and his absence was absolutely crushing last year. It was the difference between the playoffs and not for us this year. So of course I’m happy he’s back. But if you don’t at least see the concern of CGJ’s personality…frankly, you’re a fool. Not you in particular…but EVERYONE who has their head so covered in sand. There absolutely is risk…the red flags are very clear. I love him on a cheap contract, but I do have significant concerns about a max contract on his personality with a 2nd rounder on the bench who may be just as good.

My issue with your tone in this thread is that you keep repeating that Mike was a red flag personallity concern and the contract came back to bite us.

There were no red flags in terms of signing Mike. He signed, became the highest paid WR at the time, and then went on to have an all-time season. He got his ankle rolled up on on a play he shouldn't have been in the game on, and then further worsened the injury by being a team player and trying to help the team on Drew's last ride.

You said that he lost 2 years off of potentially a HOF career for a 'high ankle sprain' as if he had a choice in the matter? Did he keep himself in the game to chew the clock out week 1 vs Tampa in 2020? I don't remember anyone complaining when he came back that year for our playoff run despite not being even close to the same player.

What was the alternative? His ankle was screwed up. Surgery was a risk, so he wanted to try to let it heal on it's own. Ended up getting the surgery anyway and it didn't take, so he ended up having to get it re-done thus missing last year.

Show me the character concerns in any of these sequences. Show me how he could have handled it any differently. No matter how you slice it he wasn't going to play last year. You casually drag his name through the mud and call him a red flag character concern whose contract ended up biting us, in a thread that didn't involve him, and are getting upset when people are defending him?

I'll reiterate that Mike doesn't belong in the same sentence as Junior Galette. It's beyond insulting. Mike got paid and proved his worth the next year in record breaking fashion and continued to leave it all out on the field. The injury situation was unfortunate and out of his control.

I love Ceedy and would love to sign him long term.

But if Loomis thinks we are far apart, then we do should consider trading him but only for a very good return.

We are missing a first round pick next draft and a second on 2024. We have great depth at the secondary. We are also cap constrained.

Not a move I would love to take, but at least it should be considered.

"Can he play safety" goes back way farther than that. Josh Bullocks was probably the player who brought the phrase into the limelight
Oh I know. But after the Byrd thing we could sign a kicker and somebody would say that. Our safety and nickel positions stabilized in the past few years. Don't mess with the chemistry is my approach.

He's not the most important player on defense.
Read the whole sentence. The most important that we need to extend immediately is what I said.

He's not the most important player on defense.
It can actually be argued that he is. He's in the conversation with Demario and Lattimore. He's not likely on their tier in terms of how special of a player he is compared to them, but when it comes to allowing the Saints defense to play how they want to play, he's the straw that stirs the drink.

We stay in nickel 95%+ of the time and stay a top 3 run defense because of him. How he defends slot WRs certainly has value and if that's all he brought he obviously wouldn't be the most critical player on our defense, but the fact that he's so incredibly disruptive in the run game and a really good blitzer while erasing slot WRs is what makes him so special to our scheme.

i deleted my prior posts…what I meant to say is that I’m 100% on board in giving CGJ a max contract. It’s without risk, and a wonderful use of resources with 2nd round pick Tae Taylor around.

Taylor with zero NFL snaps and 10 practices under his belt? On a team with Super Bowl aspirations... 🤣🤣🤣

If you scroll into the comment sections of the tweet, Andrew mentions that Ceedy gives off Junior Gallette vibes. I understand the concern, but that could rise up with any player IMO.

Probably the worst take I ever read, ever. This Andrew guy is clearly a moron and probably just posted it so he could get hate-tweet replies to up his numbers.

Wait so now CGJ, a singular talent in the league, is expendable because a rookie looks promising in camp? That's far out.

The comparison to Junior is gross. The guy wants the money he's earned on the field and now he's just another "thug". Smh. Ya'll are better than that.

i deleted my prior posts…what I meant to say is that I’m 100% on board in giving CGJ a max contract. It’s without risk, and a wonderful use of resources with 2nd round pick Tae Taylor around.
No real need to do that, brother.
We all disagree at some point or another.
It's just a part of life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom