Do y'all want us to treat Trump with the same respect you showed Obama (1 Viewer)

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As an artist I recognize there is always room for improvement, but I appreciate your high regard for me:9:
You know that's not what I meant. Watch the news. I understand there being a lot of fear and disgust over Trump being elected, but regardless I wouldn't call his treatment in many quarters respectful. In that respect it shows similarity between the two sides.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How can you treat Trump with respect when he's shown no respect to anyone during his lifetime?

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If we keep trying to outdo each other on acting disrespectfully, we're never getting where we need to as a society.

I've hated the way President Obama and Michelle have been treated by a large segment of the population. I'm not going to set out to be a hypocrite and engage in the same now. There will be plenty that I disagree with Trump about, and that's where I plan to focus my criticism.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
I can honestly say personality wise, I thought Obama was one of the coolest presidents ever. He is a pretty down to Earth guy. I wasn't one to walk around putting him down left and right. I'm the type of person who pretty much just deals with whatever I awake to each day. Now I'll deal with Trump in that same manner. I'll kickback and hope for the best, just like I did with Obama.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
As of yet I haven't heard Reid state that the Democrat's goal the next four years is to make sure Trump isn't elected. Until that happens, Trump is being treated better than the way Obama was treated.

I think Trump should be treated proportionate to his behavior, which is more than what Obama got.

Saints fan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
How can you treat Trump with respect when he's shown no respect to anyone during his lifetime?
Yep,

-He didn’t show respect when he called the wives of police officers murdered recently and offered his condolences
-Sure didn’t show respect when he housed Jennifer Hudson's family family after some member of her family were murdered.
-He sure wasn’t showing any respect when he used his plane to fly a young boy across the country for medical treatment, because the major airlines wouldn’t allow the boys medical equipment, that he needed to stay alive on their planes...
-He most definitely was being sexist when he hired a woman in 1980 as the first woman to ever be in charge of building a skyscraper...
-He sure wasn’t showing any respect when on Sept 11th, he went to the World Trade Center site in NYC and helped look for survivors...

I can keep going.. The point is, stop listening to what Fox, MSNBC, CNN, Comedy Central and SNL is telling you, they all have an agenda of their own. Go research and discover for yourself who someone is.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
As an artist I recognize there is always room for improvement, but I appreciate your high regard for me:9:
Wasn't aware you were an artist, what medium ? I personally have no talent past mowing a uniform lawn

Not starting out so well so far with the protest of course that's not a Trump reaction the left protested in 01 and 05 , I guess it's the new liberal norm, but that will soon fade

I'm sure some will continually "attack " Trump for being Trump, some will because of party, some because he is not doing what x wants as president among both parties

It's more about how the citizenry treats each other , we should all keep a watchful eye on our political "leaders" instead of blindly following or criticizing

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yep,

-He didn’t show respect when he called the wives of police officers murdered recently and offered his condolences
-Sure didn’t show respect when he housed Jennifer Hudson's family family after some member of her family were murdered.
-He sure wasn’t showing any respect when he used his plane to fly a young boy across the country for medical treatment, because the major airlines wouldn’t allow the boys medical equipment, that he needed to stay alive on their planes...
-He most definitely was being sexist when he hired a woman in 1980 as the first woman to ever be in charge of building a skyscraper...
-He sure wasn’t showing any respect when on Sept 11th, he went to the World Trade Center site in NYC and helped look for survivors...

I can keep going.. The point is, stop listening to what Fox, MSNBC, CNN, Comedy Central and SNL is telling you, they all have an agenda of their own. Go research and discover for yourself who someone is.
You can't ignore some of things he's done. When he was starting out with his father, he was sued for discrimination against potential tenants. He has mishandled many businesses. Most of his "businesses" are just merely licensing agreements for his name. He accused a group of teenagers of rape and refused to apologize when they were cleared. Numerous associates have said he has the biggest ego, including the author of The Art of the Deal.
Not to mention during his campaign, he has mocked women, Mexicans, Hispanics, women, the handicapped. He is also so thin skinned that he calls out every reporter that dares to criticize him.
And finally, his tweets like a 16 year old girl after a breakup. And he has no political experience or any grasp or understanding of how government works or operates.

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
Reaction score
Garden of Hedon...wherever I am, there I are...
Or do you want us to do better?
I'm hoping "us" means "Americans" (or maybe even broader..."Human beings"), because we're all being "divided" in ways that shouldn't matter, and being placed into groups that only have artificial implications to those who do the placing. We already have enough "us vs. them" in this world, IMO...how about some more "we"?

And yes, WE should do better. We should have done better with Obama. He's the president of the United States of America and, as such, is entitled to a level of respect that he wasn't given, IMO. I voted for his "hope & change" in 2008, as I liked what I was hearing; but I didn't vote for him in 2012, as hope & change wasn't being delivered. I don't know that it was, or wasn't his fault...but it wasn't happening, so I went for the other guy. But he was STILL my president. I have been personally embarrassed by some of the comments I have heard about President Obama and his family. He was popularly AND electorally voted into office...TWICE. So yes, he IS "your president" if you're an American citizen. And now, same goes for Trump. Like it or not, he's entitled to that respect also...for the next 4 years at least. You don't have to LIKE him, but RESPECT the man for the next 4 years. 4 years from now, do what you have to do...but RESPECT whomever is in office.

Playing ***-for-tat does nothing to unite, but only serves to continue the divide & conquer. How do we teach our children how to be better persons, when we ourselves cannot (or will not) model that behavior? Do as I say, not as I do is PROVEN to be a poor model.

Will we ever rise to the occassion? Or will we continue the ***-for-tat cycle, ad nauseum? Who will BE the change they want to see?

Jubilee Dunbar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
As of yet I haven't heard Reid state that the Democrat's goal the next four years is to make sure Trump isn't elected. Until that happens, Trump is being treated better than the way Obama was treated.

I think Trump should be treated proportionate to his behavior, which is more than what Obama got.
All the fine upstanding Senator Reid said after the election was;“If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate,” Reid said.

Reid’s statement further declared that “white nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory” in Tuesday’s election, “while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear.”

Thanks Mr. Reid. Let the healing begin....:idunno:

MGC

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The left gave Bush 2 Hell for the eight years he was in office. Remember the "Bush Knew" claims that he allowed 911? So, it was only fair for the Right to drub Obama when he did dumb things. I disagreed with about 95% of what Obama did. The best thing he did during his Presidency was ordering the hit on OBL. So, when Trump does something the left disagrees with speak up. That is how democracy works.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The left gave Bush 2 Hell for the eight years he was in office. Remember the "Bush Knew" claims that he allowed 911? So, it was only fair for the Right to drub Obama when he did dumb things. I disagreed with about 95% of what Obama did. The best thing he did during his Presidency was ordering the hit on OBL. So, when Trump does something the left disagrees with speak up. That is how democracy works.
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom