Article Do You Believe in FitzMagic? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If you are old enough to remember the commercial in the video above, you know that the “Do You Believe In Magic” campaign by the premier fast-food chain McDonald’s was one of the top advertisements in regards to fast food brands in recent memory.

Fast forward to 2018 and journeyman quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has Buc fans believing a different type of magic, it’s called FitzMagic.

Do You Believe In FitzMagic? | Gridiron Fanatic

I believe. I have been a Fitz fan for years and was more concerned to face him than Jameis. If he can keep slinging it around, the Bucs are a much more dangerous team than anyone ever gave them credit for.

Not in the slightest. Fools gold. Even most Tampa fans know it. Wait till game planning and more tapes will break down the Bucs offense. He will start to struggle mid season and never recover.

Monken has brought the best out of him and it doesn’t hurt having an elite receiving Corp.

Monken even made Ryan Griffin look good in the preseason. This guy may be up for a head coaching job next year as he is the real MVP of the Bucs this season.

Good article. I definitely don't believe. Let them enjoy this for right now because it won't last. Even if he continues to have this unprecedented level of success, it won't last forever.

Weird. He has always started super hot then becomes ordinary going all the way back to the Bills a decade(?) ago. So why couldn’t we or the Eagles game plan now knowing that he obviously has a weakness that always gets exposed? I never played football so I need an expert to respond.

Fitz was never a bad QB. But as far as magic... there is definitely some magic that happens when the right QB is surrounded by the right talent in the right system with the right plays being called. It's like in music when the right artist does the right song at the right time with the right producer. As a songwriter, I've seen songs fail or float around for years before landing in the right camp and then the magic happens.

The question here probably has to be how long can he sustain this level of play? On this current tear, the Bucs are legit and can beat anybody. I'm glad it's happening early in the season, because I think that at some point it's going to Fitz-out.

The only reason I think he might do better this time around is his receiving group is probably the best in the entire league atm.

Here's what's magical --

Mike Evans
a somewhat healthy and motivated D' Jax
a freakshow tight end in OJ Howard
a new offensive coordinator who is focused on letting his play makers make plays

Fitzpatrick is doing great but I don't imagine him staying at this level the whole season. If he does, then I'll eat my crow. I just see at some point, Fitz coming back down to earth as the spotlight grows.

Not that I paid any attention to him until this year, but has he ever played at this high of a level?
48/61 (78.7% completion) 819yds 8TDs 1 Int

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom