Do you believe in the butterfly effect? (1 Viewer)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
When J. Lewis turned the ball over it put us in the driver's seat. The Reggie fumbled and the game went to hell. Would the outcome today have been different if not for that one play?

Possibly. But you can't put it all on a play.

There were a number of occasions that "if it had only gone our way" we might have controlled or got back into the game. But the ball bounces as it bounces. Good teams can play past that. They make the nessecary plays themselves to change the nature of a game.

We didn't play well. We might have got back into the game with different "bounces", but we never seized it back. Ultimate blame rests with us then.

actually lewis' first carry was 11 yards, i suspect had he not fumbled, then we fumbled it back, the ravens just would have scored on that opening drive anyhow. All that series of fumbles did was take some time off the clock

actually lewis' first carry was 11 yards, i suspect had he not fumbled, then we fumbled it back, the ravens just would have scored on that opening drive anyhow. All that series of fumbles did was take some time off the clock
fair enough. I think we were going to lose today regardless. they came ready to play and we were undisciplned. I was just curious about how other people see things.

If we're going to point to one play that made the difference, I'd pick the Bush interception. We were only down by 7 and were in position to get at least 3. Instead we turn it over and get nothing. I thought that's when things started to fall apart.

"If we're going to point to one play that made the difference, I'd pick the Bush interception. We were only down by 7 and were in position to get at least 3. Instead we turn it over and get nothing. I thought that's when things started to fall apart."

That about sums it up for me. I was in good mood up to that point, after that i spent the entire game going "Please no...........". The Ravens must be laughing their backsides off, coming to New Orleans and having the Saints help them on their way to victory. Those penalties were soooooooooo costly & the turnovers a prime example of how not to play ball. That Baltimore defense were ruthless all night.

I think the game was over when our defense allowed that 71 yard drive for the TD at the end of the 2nd quarter.
If our defense could have stopped them on that drive we go into the half feeling o.k. and down by 14 knowing we have the ball to start eh 3rd.
Instead, we lose all momentum and go down 21 at half, and know we have to come out scoring - puts pressure on offense.

It was certainly over when Landry took the interception for a score midway through the 3rd.
I think we could have overcome the Reggie interception, but not that drive to end the half.

fair enough. I think we were going to lose today regardless. they came ready to play and we were undisciplned. I was just curious about how other people see things.

yeah..our brains were still on the bye..Balt was able to fester over a loss and get inspired/fired up, where we were on top of the world and everyone was telling how great we were...

i hope we learned something

I think the game was over when our defense allowed that 71 yard drive for the TD at the end of the 2nd quarter.
If our defense could have stopped them on that drive we go into the half feeling o.k. and down by 14 knowing we have the ball to start eh 3rd.
Instead, we lose all momentum and go down 21 at half, and know we have to come out scoring - puts pressure on offense.

It was certainly over when Landry took the interception for a score midway through the 3rd.
I think we could have overcome the Reggie interception, but not that drive to end the half.

That pretty much sums up my take.

No, I don't believe in the butterfly effect. I do believe if you don't come ready to play and the other team does you are likely lookin' at an arse whippin'

:dunno:

If we're going to point to one play that made the difference, I'd pick the Bush interception. We were only down by 7 and were in position to get at least 3. Instead we turn it over and get nothing. I thought that's when things started to fall apart.

I agree. I think that play set the tone for the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom