Do you believe there is a real "War on Terrorism" (1 Viewer)

Some peope weren't extremely offended that 9/11 occurred and don't consider it necessary to respond to what happened that day....

And others think our government committed 9-11, or at least allowed it to be committed, so that we would have an excuse to go to war. Because, you know, war is so popular with the American people and all.....

(Not saying this describes anybody who has posted or will post in this thread, just saying that there are people out there who think it was an "inside job")

Iraq did not kill our people on our soil. Our business applied to searching afganastan. Nothing came out of it so we finished what was started in Desert Storm. All be it we are the ones that provided Iraq with their weaponry and training to commit the crimes that occured in the 80s and 90s.

Link? Sorry man ya gotta back that up.

Some peope weren't extremely offended that 9/11 occurred and don't consider it necessary to respond to what happened that day....

Bull hockey! Everyone was hurt that day. But what we have now is a farce. There is no war on terror. It's just a big scam put on by liars. If we were at war with terror, we'd be in Pakistan killing OBL. Or, we'd be in the Phillipines routing out the Islamists taking hold of that and other countries.

We're not. We're doing something else for some reason and OBL is free while Al Quaeda continues to exist. Were we at war for 5 years, OBL would be dead and AQ would be but a distant memory of a burned piece of earth. What we're doing is allowing the dim to rationalize their support of political policies that really don't benefit them.

And others think our government committed 9-11, or at least allowed it to be committed, so that we would have an excuse to go to war. Because, you know, war is so popular with the American people and all.....

(Not saying this describes anybody who has posted or will post in this thread, just saying that there are people out there who think it was an "inside job")

They are ***** nuts,quite simple

Is there a "real" war on drugs? poverty? crime? Its all a bunch of bs if you ask me.

Bull hockey! Everyone was hurt that day. But what we have now is a farce. There is no war on terror. It's just a big scam put on by liars. If we were at war with terror, we'd be in Pakistan killing OBL. Or, we'd be in the Phillipines routing out the Islamists taking hold of that and other countries.

We're not. We're doing something else for some reason and OBL is free while Al Quaeda continues to exist. Were we at war for 5 years, OBL would be dead and AQ would be but a distant memory of a burned piece of earth. What we're doing is allowing the dim to rationalize their support of political policies that really don't benefit them.

To be fair though, if we did try to take the war to more countries like Pakistan or the Philippines half the country would be ready to storm the White House, drag Bush into the street and stone him to death (no not literally.....I guess....you get the idea). So how do we go about fighting the war on terror? Will it take another 9-11 type attack to get people to support the idea that America has to do what it takes to hunt these people down?

Is there a "real" war on drugs? poverty? crime? Its all a bunch of bs if you ask me.

None of those are even remotely the same as the war on terror. The war on drugs? Really? So people making a choice to do drugs vs the government telling people what they can and cant put into their body is the same as the United States being attacked SEVERAL times by terrorists and responding to those attacks with force? What do you think we should have done in response to 9-11 and other terrorist attacks, bend over and say thank you sir may I have another?

Good point sir, War on terrorism shouldnt be an empty slogan for politicians republican or democrats. 9/11 was real there is no denying it. As they brought down the 2 tallest buildings in NY and had a direct hit on our main military installation. This issue needs to be adressed,as a huge understatement. And let the people say it is our faut and we mind our own bussiness and we will be safe, our naive,at best.

I for one do not want to imagine what the world will be like in 9 years if the next person that gets elected is more worried about satisfing US citizens & the left-wing media in the shortterm than securing our safety for years to come. If Clinton would've thought like Bush and didn't care about popularity I firmly believe that 9/11 would not have happened. I, just like everyone else, wish that this was a non-issue. The truth of the matter is it is. I don't know the right answer as to what we should do to combat this very real threat, but I do know that we can't just forget that it exist and do nothing. There are some very sick people out there & we can't just sit back and let them grow stronger.

The war on terror is a scam so that rich people on both sides can make money off of us.

This attitude seems to pervade the American left these days, and is the reason I hesitate to call myself a 'liberal' of late.

Of course there is a war on terrorism. The US and Western Europe have been attacked several times in the last couple of decades by Islamic radicals. Im not sure how much evidence some people need. 9/11. The earlier WTC bombing. The attack on the Cole. The blowing up of the barracks in the KSA. The London train bombing. The Spanish train bombing.

What else could you possibly call it? I dont care what label you put on it. Islamic terrorists repeatedly murder and destroy. Frequently. Fact.

Last edited:
Shhhh, we're there. Trying hard to kill OBL and his henchmen.

Guess what? We're there, too.

Yes, I love the circular logic in those quotes. Good job Champ. Hey if the problem cant be attacked all at once simultaneously all over the globe and be instantly successful, then I guess its just not worth solving!

What would signify complete victory in the war on terror? What would equate to utter defeat? Will capturing Bin Laden equal victory or will this war go on and on throughout eternity?

I think American leaders are using this as a geoplitical strategy to maintain our dominance. Terrorism will never be completely defeated just look at Israel. They have the best of the best in terms of security. The war on terror is the pretext used to achieve their geopolitical goals. They couldn't accomplish this without the "threat" out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom