Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JBryan314

JBryan314

Very Banned
Reaction score
Been carrying the Glock 19 IWB with a nice holster from Kinetic Concealment. It's decent, but it's been slow to get used to. I may just have to join the sub-compact world. IWB is a pain in the flank with a G19. May have to find a smaller Glock or a S&W sub. Even being of average build, it just digs in.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Try a Sig P938. Or maybe a Glock 36 if you can find one.

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Depends on the environment/time of year, (clothing) what I am doing/where I am going?

Sig 938 9mm
Bond Arms .45/.410 derringer
Springfield XDS .45

I prefer the later of the 3 90% of the time, but I am not a DA fanboy.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up a Ruger Suoer Redhawk in 454 Casull. Dont think it will make a very good cc gun lol. This thing has way more recoil than my 500S&W.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So here is a question. What calibers does everyone prefer. Lately I have been going back and forth between .357 Magnum and 9mm. Yesterday I shot a 2 inch phone book with Hornady Critical Defense in .357 and in 9mm just for fun. Both made the same size hole in the front. However in the back the .357 was much more impressive, about 3 times the amount of damage. The gun store that I manage started out because we cnc'ed speedloaders so I always have one on me for my revolver. A lot of times I carry a S&W Model 19 revolver.

Here is a picture of our speedloaders:

www.5starfirearms.com if you're interested in one.

So what is your preferred caliber for CC?

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I take the same approach to big game hunting that I do for Self-defense. Big bullet with as much punch-though as it can muster. I try to stay away from reloading, if I can and buy off-the-shelf. It is one less thing a lawyer can point at.

I want to cause as much damage as possible with an entrance and exit hole. If I am using that device, my life is in jeopardy and I need to cause the threat to cease and desist a.s.a.p. I use .45 +P in my Kimbers and a more subtle load in my Springfield XDS.

9mm - biggest bullet I can put in. Usually 135-148 gr HP.

daMixter

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, just a law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd Amendment rights. Convicted crack dealers have forfeited that right. I was thinking of going back into the nursing field and taking an occasional three month overseas security contractor job for some extra yearly family vacation money. Why, are you in the crack dealing business? That's fascinating. Tell me about it?

Ohio, how much did that Sig cost you?
I got it for $350, then dropped another $200 for a Crimson Trace. Couldn't be happier with it.
Dang that's cheap. I realize these posts are a few years old, but I just picked up a Sig P224 a few months ago and it ran $750. Smooth gun, tho. I love it.

Mr. 504

WD4L
Reaction score
That's exactly why I don't own one. Statistics show that I'd be more likely to bury a loved one owning a gun than not.
No, that says more about your lack of ability to properly operate a firearm than anything else.

Mr. 504

WD4L
Reaction score
I carry a Bersa Thunder ultra compact 9mm. Fits perfect inside the waste band.

MLU

Tigers vs All Y'all
Reaction score
No, that says more about your lack of ability to properly operate a firearm than anything else.
And that very well may be, but statistics still report that they're dead. Whether or not they knew what they were doing is irrelevant. The Constitution only says that you have a right to use one. There's nothing in there about training.

Mr. 504

WD4L
Reaction score
And that very well may be, but statistics still report that they're dead. Whether or not they knew what they were doing is irrelevant. The Constitution only says that you have a right to use one. There's nothing in there about training.

It doesn't have to, because any responsible gun owner would KNOW that training is imperative, as well as making sure everyone in their household is aware of the presence of the firearm at minimum, and proper handling of one themselves. Besides, there is a law for all concealed carry permit holders, and one SHALL go through the course given by a licensed instructor in order to legally receive your permit.

MLU

Tigers vs All Y'all
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is concerned about responsible gun owners. The issue is with those who are not responsible.

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to cc my 460 SW for a while but it kept pulling my pants down.

The two under it are snub nosed 357's to give a comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom