Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (1 Viewer)

JBryan314

Very Banned
Reaction score
Sitting in this MWR tent, I'm looking for my post deployment gift to myself. I've settled on a Colt Government Model 1911 .45 pistol. That's what I'll be carrying on me at all times when I get home. But for now (or for when I was home) I had been carry a Glock 17 9mm. I'm curious, for those of you who carry a concealed weapon, what do you carry? What are some easy ways you've found to conceal your weapon? What state are you in and are you allowed to open carry? Was it difficult to get your permit? Discuss.

My wife and I put in our applications for CCW two weeks ago. Her conceal carry purse came in today and she'll carry a Bursa .380. I purchased a Inside the Waistband holster from Bladetech, the Nano model, for my Colt .45 National Match today. We both live in Florida and its reciprocity to Louisiana so that's a plus on our part.

EDIT: Here in FL, it was a bit of a hurdle to get the process started. Cost $120 per person, had to get the application notarized then mail it to the Florida department of agriculture. They're so back logged it could take up to 3 months til we get our permits.

Yep. .38 S&W I've had for about 10 years now
I wish I didn't feel the need but as the Romans said "You would have peace? Then prepare for war"

My wife and I put in our applications for CCW two weeks ago. Her conceal carry purse came in today and she'll carry a Bursa .380. I purchased a Inside the Waistband holster from Bladetech, the Nano model, for my Colt .45 National Match today. We both live in Florida and its reciprocity to Louisiana so that's a plus on our part.

EDIT: Here in FL, it was a bit of a hurdle to get the process started. Cost $120 per person, had to get the application notarized then mail it to the Florida department of agriculture. They're so back logged it could take up to 3 months til we get our permits.

In regards to that purse that your wife got, where did she get it from? I will tell you that I teach students to carry a purse from GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas and they have a good product. The only problem with the combination that you have for her is if she ever needs to fire while that gun is still in her purse she will basically only get one shot. A good gun for a purse is a revolver because you don't have to worry about the slide binding in the purse.

I carry several different guns depending on the situation. For instance when it is cold out and I can wear a sweatshirt I carry a Springfield Champion 1911 .45, sometimes I will also carry my Springfield XDM .45. The 1911 is stainless steel and quite heavy. I won't list everything, but you will end up carrying different guns depending on the weather and what you are wearing. My next carry gun is going to be a Sig P938 Nightmare.
938_Nightmare-Detail-Hero.jpg

I would also recommend you send your wife to this website, Flashbang Holsters | flashbang holsters. They make a great holster for women there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h8r6CY5UZyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sitting in this MWR tent, I'm looking for my post deployment gift to myself. I've settled on a Colt Government Model 1911 .45 pistol. That's what I'll be carrying on me at all times when I get home...

So you are going to be a crack dealer or something?

No, just a law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd Amendment rights. Convicted crack dealers have forfeited that right. I was thinking of going back into the nursing field and taking an occasional three month overseas security contractor job for some extra yearly family vacation money. Why, are you in the crack dealing business? That's fascinating. Tell me about it?

Ohio, how much did that Sig cost you?

I carry a S&W M&P Compact 9. I never set out to use that model, but it fits my hand well, offers full size pistol feel and operation, but is smaller then most except a G26 or M&P Shield. Plus I like having 12+1 rounds per mag.

I carry a smith and Wesson 357 magnum revolver loaded with hollow tip 38 P+. Very hot loads for a 38 but not the kick of a 357 which will knock you off target with a very short barrel. I'd just save the money and buy a good. 38 with a laser sight built in. I like a revolver due to lint and gunk that accumulates in your pockets and can jam an auto. It still needs cleaning once a month. I only have. 5 bullets but I don't plan on missing and I hope not to get in a real shoot out. It usually doesn't work like you see on tv Autos carried in pockets jam way more then people want to admit. As for difficulties in obtaining permits , totally depends on states. Mississippi is a piece of cake. No training required for regular CC. Pretty tough class for enhanced carry. Some states like NY and Parts of California are virtually impossible. Research your specific state.

I was surprised at how long it took Texas to get me mine. I plan on getting my Florida permit once I move back there.

Wisconsin literally takes 6 days. I teach conceal classes on Thursday night at Gander Mountain and students call me the next Thursday and tell me that have their permit.

As for loads I carry a 230 grain +p bonded hollow point that I get from a friend that is a police officer. He tells me that if I were to shoot through a windshield it will deviate less than an inch so I'm good power wise.

I occasionally carry a .22 for a back up gun as well.

Wisconsin literally takes 6 days. I teach conceal classes on Thursday night at Gander Mountain and students call me the next Thursday and tell me that have their permit.

As for loads I carry a 230 grain +p bonded hollow point that I get from a friend that is a police officer. He tells me that if I were to shoot through a windshield it will deviate less than an inch so I'm good power wise.

I occasionally carry a .22 for a back up gun as well.

You sound like my good friend who is a instructor. . He carries a 22 on his ankle as a. "Back up " and sometimes a throwing knife. Lol!! That knife is scarry. He's as accurate with it as a gun.

I like to say that I am "prepared."

In regards to that purse that your wife got, where did she get it from? I will tell you that I teach students to carry a purse from GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas and they have a good product. The only problem with the combination that you have for her is if she ever needs to fire while that gun is still in her purse she will basically only get one shot. A good gun for a purse is a revolver because you don't have to worry about the slide binding in the purse.

I carry several different guns depending on the situation. For instance when it is cold out and I can wear a sweatshirt I carry a Springfield Champion 1911 .45, sometimes I will also carry my Springfield XDM .45. The 1911 is stainless steel and quite heavy. I won't list everything, but you will end up carrying different guns depending on the weather and what you are wearing. My next carry gun is going to be a Sig P938 Nightmare.
938_Nightmare-Detail-Hero.jpg

I would also recommend you send your wife to this website, Flashbang Holsters | flashbang holsters. They make a great holster for women there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h8r6CY5UZyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for that info. I checked the link you provided but my wife is too petite to carry a bra holster or a IWB holster. With the purse she doesn't intend to fire it, if needed, while in the purse. We've been practicing at wearing it properly and drawing it quickly. It's was for leaving work at night. She has a far walk to her truck so she unzips the side pouch, hand on the grips while I tell her not to walk by corners and vehicles in dark places. She walks in the middle of the parking lot where there's light, at the ready, and comes straight home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom