Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (2 Viewers)

depends.

When I carry, I pocket carry. All I have that will fit in the pocket are Bersa Thunder, S&W .38 special, and Tarurus .40 slim. I'd like to get a ruger lcp 9mm.

Permit process was fairly thorough and took over 5 months for me. I think the initial course work could have been more demanding.

I carry a M&P Compact 40 or a Shield 9, depending on what I am wearing. I use an IWB holster for carry and I am in CO and can open carry if I choose to. Permit process was pain free and easy to get.

Where do you people live that you feel the need to carry a firearm with you at all times?

Where do you people live that you feel the need to carry a firearm with you at all times?
United States of American, Columbus Ohio, Nice medium sized city with lots of 'burbs. same place I and my wife have been shot in already.

You?

Originally Posted by MLU

Do you watch the news?

Do you have a fire extinguisher?
A gun is not a good comparison to a fire extinguisher. A kevlar vest would be more appropriate. But, no. I don't have a fire extinguisher. I have a phone to call the fire department and insurance in case it burns to the ground. I also practice common sense when dealing with fire to prevent the need for either.

United States of American, Columbus Ohio, Nice medium sized city with lots of 'burbs. same place I and my wife have been shot in already.

You?
Not Columbus, but I have lived and worked in areas with high crime rates like Baton Rouge, Detroit and Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Seems to me like the last thing I need is to carry something that can be used to kill me.

Do you watch the news?
Nope. It's full of uninformed, unlikely bull**** that scares people into doing stupid things like vote Republican and watch American Idol.

I can trade snark if you like, but I'd rather someone offer up an informed opinion...

A gun is not a good comparison to a fire extinguisher. A kevlar vest would be more appropriate. But, no. I don't have a fire extinguisher. I have a phone to call the fire department and insurance in case it burns to the ground. I also practice common sense when dealing with fire to prevent the need for either.

Not Columbus, but I have lived and worked in areas with high crime rates like Baton Rouge, Detroit and Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Seems to me like the last thing I need is to carry something that can be used to kill me.

Nope. It's full of uninformed, unlikely bull**** that scares people into doing stupid things like vote Republican and watch American Idol.

I can trade snark if you like, but I'd rather someone offer up an informed opinion...

I was jumped by a gang of about 6 guys when I was 19 at a fair in Biloxi where I life. I've carried ever since I turned 21. I just wish I had it that night. I show land I own and sell to total strangers. No way I'm going to meet strangers in the woods without my pistol. My spouse has had her own experience. We will both Always carry when we leave the house and always will.

Granted, we could discuss semantics all night long. All I know is, I learned real hard that it can happen any time, any place, in a million different ways. I am definitely not any kind of paranoid. I really dont think about it that much, really. It would be a big mistake to insinuate that those who do carry are overly paranoid for doing so.

I know they are not the same, the idea was being prepared. I own a home and I have a fire extinguisher. I live way out in my county and the fire department is all volunteer. It takes them awhile to get here. If my dryer or something catches fire in the kitchen I want to be prepared to deal with it. I'm not paranoid, I don't carry a gun every where I go, but there are times I carry. I'd rather be prepared than bury a loved one.

bersa ultra compact thunder .45, though honestly, i'm getting lazier and lazier about carrying. sometimes i'll carry my ruger .380 if i'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

bersa_uc45m.jpg

Right now my off duty carry is a Glock 21SF. It's rather large and I have to wear a jacket. As soon as they come in stock (Blue gun program), I am going to buy a Glock 30.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom